Sign in to follow this  
mackintosh

PIC and Ultimate Airlines

I haven't used UA in ages and never with PIC and FS2k, I decided to give it a go, but to no avail. Has anyone had any luck importing UA flightplans into the PIC FMC? I checked with PSS Airbus and the plans load up fine and everything works, but I haven't had any luck with PIC. I did the standard procedure of shortening the file names and placing them in the "pilots" folder, but PIC still refuses to load them up. I've checked the plans themselves and there aren't any visible differences between the UA-generated and MS-generated ones. Any help would be appreciated.

You'd just have to enter the waypoints and airways in your FMC manually. Just FYI, those UA flight plans are not accurate real-world plans. The timetable was accurate at the time of publication though...

BobK

That was the answer I didn't want to hear :)I know they're not accurate any more, but they add some variety to the FS-generated default ones and since I still have the thing, I might as well use it :)

For UA plans I just export the UA flightplans into FS2K format and then just import them into the PIC FMC like any other FS2K plan. Works pretty well :)Take care!P

Well that's the thing. It doesn't work for me here. I do the exact same thing. Export to FS format, shorten the name, put it in "pilots", try to load them up in the PIC FMC and nothing...

Try sending your flightplans here... C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002FMCWPnavdataFlightPlans. I have to send the flightplans here to use PIC. Also the name has to be something like KEWRLFPG... Most of the time I run it through FSNav 4.51 as well. Also there is a small patch available for UA. My version is 1.09. Hope this helps.Regards,Geesosa73

Nope, didn't work for me. I've got the same version as you. Oh well, back to the pain of manual imput, I can console myself that it's more realistic that way :)

Are you running FS2K or FS2K2? I seem to remember having to export the flightplans to fs2k2pilots (or some derivative, I'm not at my FS2K2 computer right now) for them to be found (obviously shortened to 8char filename.pln)...Luck!P

FS2K2, I always forget that "2" at the end :)Yes, I know the standard procedure, alas it doesn't work here. I've decided to stick with manual entry, too much effort in tracking down the problem :)

Hi,it works, but you have to do some copying...First create a "pilots" dir (like FS2000). Then go to flightsmyflts and shorten your new created UA flightplan's name. Then copy (not move) this file into the pilots dir. I don't know why exactly, but (@ last 4 me) PIC like to have the plans created by UA in both dir...But then you are able to load it as FS2002 plan...good luckPascal

Sir, you are a genius. I never thought about having the flight plans in both directories, it didn't seem relevant at all. Everything works flawlessly now. Thank you so very, very much :)