Sign in to follow this  

New PIC User

Or hopefully will be in a few days when it arrives.But in the meantime of there any updates that i should get in advance ? I read somewhere that i should get the navdata updates.One quick question - does PIC import or work with in any way FS2002 flight plans. Thanks for nowCarl

Guest KenG

I would suggest getting the FS2002 patch and at least get Jason's Nav data (from February 2002). These can be obtained from Wilcopub's web site (files #8 and #9). Richard Steffan's nav data is also available at his site (don't remember URL off hand) and is more up to date.I would also suggest starting to read the manuals if you haven't already. You can download them now. You MUST read both the FMC and Panel manuals before you will fully (or even partially) understand how to operate PIC. After you've read the manuals, I would advise reading them again. Seriously. There is a lot of info in them (~230 pages) and you probably won't get it all in one pass. Also, don't forget to read through the checklists (normal and non-normal).FS2002 flight plans can be used in the FMC, although I never use MSFS's flight planner. I primarily use FSBuild for flight plans in PIC. You will need to read the manuals and search this forum in order to understand how to import FS2002 flightplans into the FMC.FYI: Something you may not have heard, the PIC adventures (for system failure familiarization, etc.) do not work in FS2002.

Guest wkzzo

another thing you may want to do is change over to the project opensky visual model, as the wilco visual model uses BGl files for the visual model which have quite a large framerate hit. The version 3 model is a gmax aircraft which runs extremly smooth. Do a search for pic poskey merge in this forum and you should find plenty of info on how to do this. There is a batch file by lee hetherington that copies all the nescesary files to the correct folders. Also read the manuals ,this aircraft works like the real thing and it takes some effort on the users part to understand all the systems to use it correctly.