Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dan_Pergau

Any PIC gatherings this weekend?

Guest Dan_Pergau

This will be my first weekend in a long time with nothing much scheduled so I'd like to participate in any PIC gatherings/happenings involving the posee from the forum (Rob, Mike, Stiffer etc...).Anything planned yet?There are a number of events scheduled on vatsim:http://www.calsplus.net/vatsim

Guest ilh

I'm probably up for something Saturday night and/or Sunday.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest Dan_Pergau

How could I forget Lee on my list! Sounds good Lee!

I plan to be doing a 16 hour PIC-ONLY VATSIM marathon. I am in to anything that might be arranged that I can fly in a 767, or I will fly whichever way the jetstream is flowing. I plan to be on from 3pm Saturday until 7am Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon, back on by 2pm until 11pm. Girlfreind is away this weekend, I'll give Mikey a run for his top spot soon enough ;-)Where's Mike B when you need to him organize something??Tentatively, I am thinking of a start off in Europe/UK (couple short hops EGJJ-EGLL-EGPF) on Saturday afternoon 3-6pm EDT, then 4x over the pond to EGPF-KBOS when the Brits go to bed around 6pm. Then I was thinking KBOS-(KORD-OR-KCLE depending on ATC)-KSTL-KDEN-KLAS-KLAX that should take me to around midnight/1am EDT, then KLAX-KSFO-CYVR, then maybe some mountain flying in the Baron or Floaty-Cessna to cap off the night as most ATC will be off-line around 4am onwards EDT.If anyone has a real world 767 plan for EGPF-KBOS on Saturday, be much appreciated.That's what I know.Rob.

Guest WorkingStiff

You do know that's crazy, right?I'd like to do something this weekend but I don't know how much since the World Cup has started.

Senegal beat France...heheI am crazy for the PIC and this is the first super-long marathon I have had a chance to do for a while.You know when I will be on, Stiff, hope to see you on-line at some point. I suggest putting the TV near the PC, then you won't miss any of the world cup ;-)England is going to win this year...my prediction!Rob.

Guest KB

Nah...England might go far but they will open with a loss as Sweden will beat them 2-1 on Sunday! :-lol

Guest Dan_Pergau

Hockey isn't over yet =) Although the canuck teams are out =(I'd love to join you guys where-ever you are flying... keep me in the loop please on the forum or on email!Dan

KB - 20 virtual dollars says England is in the final this year!

Maybe, if they had sent Arsenal as the national team...Cheers,Gosta.

Guest KB

Now, my parents taught me not to gamble, but what the heck :-lolI'd say England is out in the semi-finals. Sweden will of course end up as world champions! (Hey, you have to have some confidence in your national team, right?)Regards,Karl

Guest ielchitz

Karl,I hope Tommy Salo isn't playing goal again for your side .Sorry - could not resist .Ian.

PMFJII'm glad the World Cup has started, it will save me a lot of time and money by knowing I can leave the TV OFF for long periods of time, that's how much I'm into footy :-lol Now if they put US Drag racing or NASCAR on UK terrestrial that would be a different story :-)

On Monday here in New Zealand we have a public holiday. The Kiwifly group is therefore planning to Big Bird flights. You're more than welcome to join us.The first flight is from Heathrow to Atlanta. We plan to leave about 8:30 am (NZST) - (This will be 20:00 UTC on 2 June). We will be going to 4X for most of the trip accross the ditch.The Second flight will be from Atlanta to Los Angeles. Again we plan to leave about 2:00 pm (NZST) - (This is 02:00 UTC 3 June).Look for me on line as NZL007.RegardsRussell Jourdain (NZL007/ZK-RHJ)

I know how you feel - I hated all the football in the papers, pubs, TV, basically everywhere you go, when I was still living in London. But once you live abroad for a while, you tend to miss these things - but no doubt I'll be complaining about it all the first chance I get when I visit Britain again.Ironically, one of my first jobs after qualifying as a lawyer was an assignment to the CPS, prosecuting in Dover Magistrates Court all the hooligans that were extradited from France during the 1998 World Cup... What an experience! Just when I thought I had seen it all, they brought on the next defendant, who had just stooped one step lower than the previous one. But now I can just enjoy the game, whilst having a beer, without fear of a riot on the street outside my home, if the 'wrong' team wins.Cheers,Gosta.