Sign in to follow this  

Review of the 757/767 Simulator Checkride Manual

For an independent, non-commercial review of this marvelous book, visitwww.kiwifly.orgFeedback of any sort is most welcome.Regards,Wagner-----------------------------------------------------------------Wagner B. Beskow, PhDSATPAC8Chief Executive NZFIR (NZZC)-----------------------------------------------------------------

I have Capt. Ray's 757/767 and 737 books. They are excellent if you really want to know about flying these aircraft. Keep in mind that they are written by a retired airline captain for professional pilots getting ready for their simulator checkrides. The books are expensive, but well worth it if you're SERIOUSLY into flight simming. ;)

Hi CDreier,I can bet anything you didn't read the review, but I can see you didn't need to. It seems you are in full agreement with what I wrote:>Keep in mind that they are written by a retired >airline captain "former UAL Boeing 757 Captain">for professional pilots getting ready for >their simulator checkrides. "The book was written specifically for real 757/767 pilots who have to go through dreadful simulator checks every six months, risking to have their careers ended prematurely if they are not found to be competent at handling all sorts of normal and abnormal situations that are thrown at them (it is also used by pilots seeking a rating in those aircrafts)">The books are expensive, "so, for the average simmer, it is a rather high investment.">but >well worth it if you're SERIOUSLY into flight simming.Well that's the whole point of the review and I'll let them check it out ;)Wagner

Wagner,You're right that I didn't read the review - my mistake. The review is excellent, and yes, I'm in agreement!Take care,Chuck

Guest MB327

Very nice review and the book looks to be well worth the 50 bucks. A nice fathers day gift if I ever saw one. Wonder how long it will take to show up at my door.Thanks for sharing this information.

Guest ielchitz

Thanks for sending this review my way - I am definetly going to be purchasing this book. Do you think there is any chance it is available in the larger bookstores? (ie Chapters/Indigo here in Canada).If we could get an ISBN it would surely help in locating the book.Thanks,Ian.

Guest ielchitz

OK - the info is:University of Temecula Press; ISBN: 0936283025; 11 edition (May 1997) Still searching around for where to buy it here in Canada - if any other Canadians find it please let me know.Ian.

The one I have is the same ISBN but it's published in 2001. THere have been many updates to this book.Thanks the above people for the feedback. I'm glad the review is helping PICaholics like myself.Wagner

Guest ielchitz

> Wonder how long it will take to show up at my door. Just got mine in the mail today (takes a little longer to get it up to Canada for some reason).The book is written in a very informal, light hearted style that I am quite enjoying. The diagrams are very useful and so far I am really having a good time reading this book. Can't wait to get to all of the abnormal procedures.Ian Elchitz

OK, Three,,,,1 It is the best written/manual way to learn the 757/767(trust me on this if I was going to write a "tutorial" on 757/767 flying, this is what I would want to have produced)2 I think the bookshop connected to Airliners & Airways Magazine carries it3 Mike just published one for the 747-400 Timothy