Sign in to follow this  

Emma Field

I just installed Emma Field and love it. Hopefully we will see many of these features in the future both in and out of the box versions. I strongly belive that there are many aspects of FS that MS needs to address first (weather, ATC, AI) but for overall ground candy this stuff is hitting the nail on the head. The idea that the grass gets mowed on certain days and if the weather is good then other things happens really brings this sim to life. I just wish that you could adjust the volume on the sound effects. Thats the only draw back I see.Kilstorm

Guest Timbo

I agree. Emma Field is really the next step in scenery design IMO. Some people have down played them, but I think the sounds are one of the best things about the package. Emma Field got me to buy FSSoundScape and now I'm adding sounds to the airports I fly to most. Again as Kilstorm said, if you haven't looked into this package, you really should. It's quality is second to none.(BTW, have you downloaded the patch, Kilstorm? It fixes many of the sounds that were too loud.)[TABLE BORDER=0][tr][td]

[/td][/tr][tr]

[td]

[link:www.fsworldonline.com/~timsfsstudio]Click here to visit Tim's FS Studio!] Updated July 20th!

[/td][/tr][/TABLE

My system is PIII 500MHz 256 RAM. Would Emma Field run in my system?

I can't agree more with what you've said! Despite that the sounds are a tad loud, they add so much to the scenery, it gives the world that little extra nudge that helps add that nice little bit of realism. I just love flying past and seeing a group of people pieceing together their glider, or taxiing only to see a Flying Club 172 do a touch and go, and remain in the pattern.>My system is PIII 500MHz 256 RAM. Would Emma Field run in my >system? I'm running a P3 600MHz, 320 MB ram, and a Hercules 3d Prophet 4500 64 MB with about 10 FPS and almost all sliders maxed, with a few concessions (i.e. less autogen than normal, or maybe a lower mesh setting, 75 works for me, you should be able to make it with good FPS).Scott