Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Will there be a "next" project from the PIC team?

Guest ilh

That sounds interesting. I can confirm the PSS A32x behavior (crash).Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Hi AllAnother thing stopping me buying it is cruising the forums and seeing "there's still a problem with xyz" with the reply "we're not releasing any further patches". I also remember reading "you can't save mid-flight and keep the FMC data, that's too difficult to implement". Is this true? My first thought was, if the PIC team can do it...Best regards//Neil

PSS might get agro every now and then, but they do release patches and try to keep their customers happy. It's kind of hard for them seeing how many people persist on asking the same questions over and over while the answers are anchored in FAQs above. It would drive anyone nuts :)As far as realism of their Airbus goes, lets not forget that it's just a simulation not striving to be "the real thing". While it is far from perfect for the purists, for casual flyers (like me) it's more than enough. Nice model, good enough panel, can do most of the things I want it to do, et cetera and so forth. That's why every time I read an article slamming PSS about the lack of realism in their Airbus, the first thing that comes to my mind is "put up or shut up". Unless something is released that does the things PSS can't, it's beating the dead horse to me and PSS don't deserve that kind of treatment, in fact - no one does.PIC is a whole different issue. I've never come across a better panel, I probably won't for quite some time. It's definitely the best thing my inexperienced skills have used :)

Hi Pedrosura"Well Marcom if you haven't noticed the FS aircraft (767) PIC included do model feedback. How? Through that little button called trim. If I want 767 PIC to fly leveled I pull back on the yoke to change pitch, ,then I trim the aircraft at the new pitch attitude while scanning the performancec instruments for IVSI=0. If IVSI is not zero the I re-trim and continue. If the airplane is climbing then I am pushing on the yoke but since the yoke is spring loaded it seems that the airplane is pushing on me (there is your feedback)."I did say that you had to trim manually, and that that was as far as manual flying goes. No heavy controls when flying 340 kias etc..."Marcom, you are obviously are not a pilot but believe me that 767 PIC flies like any real aircraftt that I have flown: 172,177,MU2, Navajo, Seneca, King Air, Metroliner,737. You may not realize but flying the 767 PIC is a real flying experience (of course turn off the damn AP and AT...) but enjoy it and use it to enhance your skills. You couldn't be anymore wrong, I am sorry to say..."Hmmm, take a look at the stab trim indicator and press the trim button. In the beginning it moves slowly, but then suddenly, as you get to the top, the speed increases exponentially. If you are flying with a light ZFW, it very hard to trim the aircraft as the trim inputs are too big.One tiny press, and the aircraft goes from a shallow sink into a shallow climb. In that regard, no, it doesn't help your flying skills.However, you are right, the thought that having to trim with every speed altering / flight config is existent and that does help training. I stand corrected on that one.PS, I do fly real... not jets, but I do trim ;-)PPS, if you call me Mark, I'll call you Pedro ;-)Mark (aka Marcom)

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Hi allVeering off topic now I know, but..."Put up or shut up" is exactly what I'm hoping Apollo Software will do. As far as "it's just a simulation", I could simulate a violin with rubber bands stretched over a tupperware box, but it isn't a violin. My point is that PIC is the benchmark for windows Boeing simulations and DOS PS1 for the 747. Quotation from the Justflight website:"Forget everything that has gone before - this is the benchmark of flight simulation...Experience for yourself the unique Airbus fly-by-wire concept. These aircraft think one step ahead of the pilot - it's a flying experience like no other" Unquote.Indications are that it does not simulate the fly by wire technology,which if substantiated would suggest that the statement above infringes the UK Trade Descriptions Act. Had I bought it in good faith I would probably now be exercising my statutory rights as a consumer.I'm not trying to start a fight here, I'm simply trying to find software which does what its makers claim.Best wishes//Neil

Ouch, you sure did TKO me with that one :)Justflight aren't the developers, PSS are and unless I'm mistaken, they don't make such claims anywhere. If they do...well, my bad then. I take all such advertising with a huge grain of salt anyway.The reason I said "put up or shut up" is that it's easy to whinge and slam developers, but as of yet there aren't any products that are better at simulating the Airbus than the PSS one. If Apollo do it, all credit to them, and my Visa will jump out of my wallet faster than a 777-200LR can accelerate to VR with 115,000lbs of thrust, but until then, I really wish people would stop bashing PSS all the time. I have no connection to them, other than being a customer, I just think it's unfair, given the work they put into their product.

Hi,No offence meant...I'll go and "have a word with myself" :)I checked on the PSS site and they do state the following if you choose "more info" for the Airbus Pro product:"New flight dynamics with built-in Airbus "fly by wire" protection"So I'll conclude with: IF Apollo deliver the goods, I'll buy that. If they don't or can't, I'll continue with my Mike Stone and POSKY 'Buses until the next PIC product - I have no doubts that it will be exemplary.Best wishes//Neil

Guest joea

Mark curious if you consider the 767 systems simple compared to the Airbus what about the 777 that also has FBW does it also have flight envelope protection? I'm talking the real bird.

Hi JoeaSorry, but I have no technical knowledge of the 777. The 777 is a next generation aircraft comparing it to the 767. But I guess its fair to say that any aircraft that is equipped with FBW and flight envelope protection has to be rather complex, just for the backup's sake.While the 767 only needs to have multiple hydraulic systems for backup (plus multiple control cables, but I wouldn't call that an electronic system) the 777 needs multiple hydrauil systems aswell as multiple flight control computers just like every modern Airbus. But that's all I'm gonna say as I don't have any in-depth knowledge of the 777. :-)Greetings,Mark

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

>In addition to the manual trim, the main difference I see >between Boeing and Airbus is in the limiters the Bus >employs. My dad sat down and messed around handflying the >PSS Bus the other day and the first thing he said was >"What's this bank limit crap??!!!" He gave me several >possible situations that he thought an airline pilot like >himself might get into that would necessitate a bank greater >than 60

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

Never had a problem in five months of flying manual or auto--and that too on my outdated computer. May I humbly suggest you have a serious conflict problem somewhere........Meekal

>Hmmm, take a look at the stab trim indicator and press the >trim button. In the beginning it moves slowly, but then >suddenly, as you get to the top, the speed increases >exponentially. If you are flying with a light ZFW, it very >hard to trim the aircraft as the trim inputs are too big. I really don't see this behaviour. First, if the trim is too sensitive for you - you can change it on the FS2002 panel. I actually once did that and returned to the original value of repeatability. I find trimming the 767PIC a joy !As to the forces on the controls - granted they are not there in our simulated world. However I still get pretty good "illusion" of such forces. Control inputs I make + reaction from the airplane somehow my brain is able to process and give me this illusion. It is pretty satisfactory for my flying - much better than any highly imperfect force feedback stick. Michael J.

Hi!Well if you haven't seen the Wilco website, there is a new product mentioned as coming soon. It is the A320 Pilot in Command, no previews or any other information is available. Its under the products section.[www.wilcopub.com]Regards,Alejandro Velasco

Whoa!!Yes, I see it!But before I get filled with overenjoyment or get into the "sleepless nights" mood, I'll wait till this is confirmed to be the 767PIC team.Chances are looking good, very good, though!

Mark Foti

logo_avsim.png

It is great news indeed, but as you have said I also hope it is the 767PIC team.Regards,Alejandro Velasco