Sign in to follow this  
BobP

Will there be a "next" project from the PIC team?

I hope so too, but then again, why did Wade Chafe ask for suggestion for a new name for the PIC team a few months ago? Cheers,Gosta.

Good point. 'PIC' may just be the product trademark used by Wilco but the team may in fact be different. Good excuse for speculations though.Michael J.

As much as I'd love to go into a speculation and consider the facts, I think I'll rather wait for an official word on this subject. But boy do I wish it were the same team... ;-)

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Guest ilh

Never mind. It isn't worth it...Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Hi Mark,Alright, now we are communicating. You are saying that you have a problem with the gain of the trim. There are ways to set the trim effectiveness and what kind of step your controls take when you make a trim input. I have PFC yoke but regardless of which one you have you first control the aircraft manually without trimming and as you put the attitude where you want it you make trim inputs to relieve the pressure on your control taking baby steps.If you are saying that the smallest trim input is to big for what you need, then decrease the trim effectiveness of the elevator or the stepping of the trim on your controls. PFC does that in a separate file outside FS2002. On aircraft other than 767 PIC the problem is that the elevator is too efective and the aircraft doesn't have enough pitch stability (like the Lear). So what I have done in those cases is not modify the elavator_effectiveness and pitch_stability in the aircraft.cfg file. I wish that I could show you on my system what I am talking about so that you don't think I am full of it. ( I live in Los Angeles if you are nearby let me know...)"Hmmm, take a look at the stab trim indicator and press the trim button. In the beginning it moves slowly, but then suddenly, as you get to the top, the speed increases exponentially. If you are flying with a light ZFW, it very hard to trim the aircraft as the trim inputs are too big."Part of the problem may be your trimming technique. I have flown with pilots tat can not maintain altitude within +-10 feet because they don't know how to trim. On my computer and setup, I can fly the aircraft in all phases of flight as good or better than the autopilot and auto throttles, period. I bought the same program you bought right?. So, trust me, it is your setup. BTW I have flown all the weight range as well. Regards,P.S. I soloed in 6 hours thanks to MS and Mr. Gates and that was flying the 95 version. I think nowadays they'll solo on their first lesson. ...Pedro

I've been sitting here reading this interesting thread and have to agree with Pedro. I have quite a few hundred hours in the 767 PIC and the only time I use the autopilot is from 10,000 ft up to cruise alt. and from the top of descent to about 10,000 ft. Never use autoland, regardless of visibility or wind. If more computer pilots would manually fly instead of letting GEORGE fly all the time, they might get a better feel for the airplane. Like Pedro says ( turn of the f*****g autopilot once in awhile ). Even when on vatsim, try to turn off the autopilot from the time you contact the arrival destination center controller till you contact ground to confirm at the gate. after all if the autopilot fails, then what???Interesting threadGary W. NorrisAAL214

Hi Pedro,I live in Brussels, so I guess thats a pretty long way from KLAX ;-)Anyway, with FS2000 I had no problems trimming. Speed was fine.I have already reduced the trim sensitivity to minimum (next setting would be "press and trim moves by 1 tick, regardless of how long you press the button". I tried FS2002 again, and I notice, if I have the pedestal open and trim nose downward, the trim moves much faster. I wish I could show you that so that you see my point. Is there anyway I can create a low quality avi showing a slideshow or something?I started with glider flying and soloed after one week. Thats something like 4-5 hours of flying, but I doubt I owed it to MS. I found the controls completely different from the glider that is represented in FS2000 (or FS98, which was current when I soloed)Greetings,Mark

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Hi Mark,I'd love to fly a glider. I would love to help you see what I am saying. If you can show me with screenshots please do it. Mt e-mail pedrosura@hotmail.com I have flown the glider on MS and I really like with the exeption of the lack of thermals yet it has so little drag you can stay up for hours. I am sure that what you are telling me is true for what you are experiencing and I am trying to tell you that it has nothing to do with the software but just your set up. In fact, the simulator that I used for my 737 type rating did not have as good a flight model as 767 PIC or as good graphics as MS FS2002. Regards, Pedro