Sign in to follow this  

elevator/rudder problems

Hi, Have had problems with elevator and rudders making uncontrolled movements on the ground, after help from the forums here, the only cure I found that worked was to upgrade to the latest version of FSUIPC, however I have also read on other posts that someone cured the problem by rolling back to an earlier version as well, could this problem with rudder/elevator uncontrolled movements be caused by a bug in FSUPC which works incrementally. My PIC ran fine for about 3 months then each time I flew it again the problem got progressively worse. Is something in FSUIPC being written to each time we fly, which eventually causes a problem? It seems that by reinstalling with a fresh version the problem is cured..... any ideas anyone?? Kev Smith BAW 044

Guest MB327

Nothing new has been documented other than what can be found searching for "rudder" in this forum.For me, personally,I use a Suncom Throttle Control and noise IS A PROBLEM in some cases but that only effects throttle input. I have a MS ForceFeedback 2 stick and have found that setting up the joystick controls in FSUIPC only makes everything worse so I don't do it, but I do use the latest version of FSUIPC. Keeping an ample amount of null zone and keeping my yaw dampers BOTH turned off has been the only thing that works - FOR ME.Good luck as I know this is very frustrating.

Hi Mike,I have the 757 set up to fly with the 767 PIC panel. I am using the FFG v5.0 FDS version with my own tweaks. What is interesting is that with both YDs ON I get no flutter whatsover of elevators and rudder yet I have rudder control while airborne and the rudder moves in the air. I wish I could get the 767 to do that... Regards, Pedro

Hey Kev,I have a Sumcom throttle like Mike...with the same issues. I use a program called CTFJ, which I think stands for "Center the (insert your own "F" word) Joystick" :-lolI got it here http://home.att.net/~stickworks/ , along with a few other joystick utils. that really help.I installed it so long ago that I can't remember if I changed the default values, so I can't help there. Just experiment with it and see if it works for you.Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg