Sign in to follow this  

Rudder Problem Fixed! V1 cut Pictures...

Guest KB

>(I'm thinking of the A/T disarming when you land, and >not trying to keep the approach speed like PIC does.) Are you sure? As far as I can recall PIC will indeed cut the power and go into throttle hold mode when landing. Maybe this is only with autolanding though...I don't remember. I usually disarm the autothrottle on approach as I feel more comfortable that way. But it should work like the real thing...Regards,Karl

By the way, Pedro, what realism settings are you using?Joseph.

Hi Kevin,You can increase the effectiveness level but the problem will be the ground handling of the aircraft. As soon as the LEFT yaw damper is off (or inop) the tiniest rudder movement will give you very violent tail movement.

Mark Foti

Author of aviaworx - https://www.aviaworx.com

logo_avsim.png

Yeah, I know. Once you have direct access to the rudders, you will feel the full force of rudder_effectiveness=24. The reason we increased that number was to restore rudder usage with those two yaw damp buttons pushed in. With a default rudder_effectiveness=1, the rudder will feel normal when directly accessed, however it will have minuscule effect with the yaw damp buttons pushed in. But we need to keep those yaw damp buttons pushed in because of the spiking rudders.You can increase rudder_effectivenss to 1000 with fsuipc 2.86 and get plenty of rudder authority with the two YD buttons in, but that won't change that fact that 2.86 will also activate your auto rudder setting. Meaning that any push of the ailerons will also cause a commensurate push of the rudder. An unacceptable situation for, say crosswind landings.So we're still back to having to use 2.85 as the last acceptable version of fsuipc for 767PIC.

Guest Martin

The A/T will only bring the thrust levers to idle during autoland, which is realistic.In the real plane A/T is disconnected when reverse thrust is selected, and of course it's possible to manually retard (oops, Airbus talk!) the thrust levers to idle.In PIC though, the A/T will try to keep the command speed all the way down, so you have to click the A/T arm switch to disconnect the A/T, which is of course a pain since it both sets off a sound and EICAS warning message, and requires clicking in the middle of the panel, often during the last few hundred feet of the approach.I don't remember exactly how the DF 737 handles this, but it allows you to bring the thrust to idle (or maybe it does it by itself), and then the A/T will disconnect upon selecting reverse thrust (or it might be upon touchdown).Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest KB

I see. Thanks for clearing it up.