Sign in to follow this  
Guest 737767

Installation not longer possible!?

Guest 737767

I have just purchased a new computer and installed FS2000 and PIC767. Than I first removed FS2000 and than the 767. Now I tried to install the 767 again for use in FS2002 with the patch, but the installation shield only ask me wether I want to remove the PIC767 completely. I do so, but the uninstall shield cannot find the scenery.cfg file. What can I do to perform a new installation?Any suggestions are highly suggested. Missing flying the your aircraft!Andreas (now at EDDH)

Guest ilh

You should have uninstalled 767 PIC before FS2000 (but that doesn't help you now).I suggest you do some forum searching here. There have been threads about how to remove the PIC entries from the registry. Search for "FS2000 FS2002 registry" with AND and I expect you may find what you want. You'll probably need to run regedit and remove the PIC pieces. Then the installer will think it is a clean install and you can aim that at FS2002.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest 737767

Thanks for your fast reply! I searched the library and found the solution last night. The clue was to move a file which was stored in InstallShield information so the "new" InstallShield would assume a clean install.Now I can fly her as usual and I get fantastic frame rates with my new system. I will do a flight from EDDF to KBOS today...Your help is much appreciated!Andreas (EDDH)