This might be the worst case of 'thread necrophilia' on record. :-)In any event, big ups to my man Fred Berful. Wherever he is...I miss him...

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

>This might be the worst case of 'thread necrophilia' on>record. :-)Now, that's a good one! :-lol

BobK

Wasn't there a TV show in 70's called "Ponsky and Hutch"? Or was it Ponderosa and Hutch? There was a character named Fred in the show, I believe. No, wait! That was Huggy Bear! LOL

Guest ielchitz

Oy - this topic still lives?The more things change, the more they stay the same.Long live Ferd Berful!

If this is going to be in the guinness book of records, I feel I should add a comment so I can be a part of it.... There we go.RegardsPaul

Paul Edwards

Guest Knikolaes

I may actually send an email to Guiness just for this fact -- although some of the support threads in the phpbb forums make this one look rather short. LOL.

From Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in during the 1960's 1970's on NBC TV:The Farkle Family The Farkle Family was a recurring skit on the television variety show Laugh In. The Farkle parents (played by Dan Rowan and Jo Anne Worley) both had dark colored hair and good eyesight. Curiously, all the children had red hair and wore glasses just like the neighbor Ferd Berfle (played by Dick Martin). The youngest daughter, Flicker Farkle, was played by Ruth Buzzi. The youngest was actually Sparkle, not Flicker. (Much more fun to say.) They also had the twins, Simon and Gar Farkle

Guest AJ

This thread reminds me of the "Aristocrats" joke. Anyone see the movie? It makes no sense and really is not all that funny by itself. People's reactions to it, however are hillarious, and have kept it going for all these years. P.S. If this thing is still around in 2012, then Avsim should have some kind of special ceremony at that year's conference to commemorate its 10th aniverary.Andrew

Guest Knikolaes

Fluffy nuggets are surprised to have feelings towards this in a sense of psychosocial admiration in a very naked sense.

Guest KenG

Ah, yes. I log onto Avsim for the first time in probably over a year and check the PIC forum and what do I find on the fist page? My favorite thread. And to think, I got in the first reply. If anyone would like to touch me, feel free (just avoid my naughty bits):-lol

Guest jbinner

lol, ok, the free beer at 9am Sunday morning from Level D at the DC Convention is making more sense now. :)

I was there when this started in 2002. I keep coming back once in a while.Ha ha ha, his questions still make me laugh. I think Ferd is a genius, and he's quite famous by now. I know i will never forget his name, Ferd Berful. I'm sure when i'm old and i hear this name it will still put a smile on my face.Greetings Eric

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

Guest wkzzo

Wow its been awhile since I came to this forum, its still alive :)