Sign in to follow this  
Guest CHRISH

READ THIS - Eye Strain in Windows XP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest CHRISH

Is anybody else suffering from Eyestrain with Windows XP? Having upgraded my system I am suffereing from really bad eyestrain having checked my refresh rates they are an appalling 60 MHZ!My previous WIn98Se system with a Geforce2 gave refresh rates up to 144Mhz. What on earth is going on Microsoft?Having seen various websites recently it appears that not enough pressure is being put on Microsoft to do something about this.System:AMD 2100 512 MB PC RAM, Geforce4 4600Ti 29.41 latest drivers, windows XP.Best wishesChrisEGBB

Display|Settings|Advanced|Monitor|Screen Refresh RateJon (KSEA)

No!! Go here - www.guru3d.com and download the "NVRefreshTool" from the file library. Run it and set all your resoloutions to your prefered refresh rate. Mine are all 85.This is a well documented problem with Win2000 and WinXP and Microsoft apparently has it fixed in the upcoming service packs for both OS's.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

HiGood to hear that this is going to be fixed. I tried the Rage3D Tweak for my Radeon 7500 and while it worked, it made the system very unstable and FS would crash often, sending XP to a "black screen of death". LOL maybe MS decided to limit the blue-screen by changing it to black. I never saw this or had more than 1 FS crash per month before this tweak. So I'm back to eye strain for the moment :(Brgds//Neil