Sign in to follow this  

Continuously Rising Fuel for Arrival

Why is it that on the PROG page of the FMC, the estimated fuel on board for arrival rises steadily the entire flight? I am using the default PIC aircraft.cfg, and .air file...Tim

Ever flown on a real airplane. Welcome to real FMC ops. Pedro

Well, as you fly, conditions change, winds, temps, fuel burn (consumption) and the FMC isn't able to do the "math" adding in the accurate variables that haven't occured it. In other words, it is giving it's "best guess" based on what was, instead of what will be....its all part of the fun of playing "Beat the FMC".Timothy(Just because there are a few computers onboard, crunching numbers continually, doesn't mean the pilot doesn't have to WORRY....)

I love the fuel consumption game - I left KMSY (New Orleans) for TNCM (Princess Juliana) this week and departed with a calculated 2.6 fuel remaining on arrival. I was HOPING for favourable easterlies...Thankfully, a stiff tailwind (avg of 35 knots) meant that I landed with 10.9 in the tanks! Below what I wanted, but plenty left for a few missed approaches. And lord knows TNCM is a perfect spot for MA's.

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

I hope you mean 2,500 pounds instead of 2.5 gallons!Wonder what your legal reserve should have been....of course I am sure you got a re-release enroute from you dispatcher....Timothy(Virtual dispatchers RULE!-or help us bend them)

Being a proud Canadian that he is I think he meant 2.6 Tonnes.

Hmmm, I wonder if the FMC can be tricked into arriving with more fuel than it took off with....? Timothy(The mind is a terrible thing to have when faced with free-time)

Guest ielchitz

of fuel remaining.Ian Elchitz(edit) damn I misspelled London (edit #2) Wow - i just figured out you can use HTML tags on this - LOL only took me a year to figure that one out!

(Virtual dispatchers RULE!-or help us bend them)How 'bout us real dispatchers? :7Mike C