Sign in to follow this  
Guest MB327

Sunday 6-23-02 on VATSIM - Need PICs

Guest MB327

Visit http://www.oakartcc.org/cs5/ and get signed up for a flight or two on the California Screaming 5 Event. It begins Sunday at 1900 Zulu. Don't let me get over-run by the PSS and DreamFleet guys. I am signed up for 5 flights and I need some PIC company in the California Skys.If you are looking for a flight and are not sure about the equipment matchup, don't worry too much about it. Just go with the 767 and file you FP as usual, hey - it's virtual - right! Nothing is listed regarding just jumping in to the event with your regular callsign and your own flight. I suppose they are trying to keep delays at a minimum and are really not promoting that but I am sure there will be plenty who do it.Come on guys and get in there somewhere!

Guest ilh

Thanks for the invite Mike, but I'll be out of town. Have fun!Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Hi MikeI signed up for just 1 flt. KSFO-KLAS departing KSFO at 1435 local. I wanted more but didn't see any open that I liked. Wanted a return flight but none open. Maybe I'll just file a normal return if they'll let me. If Not OH WELL.Happy FlyinGary W. NorrisAAL214

Guest flightpro08

Good post Mike, it should diffenitly be a fun event. I'm a controller at the ZLA ARTCC, but unfortunitly I will not be able to make the event tomorrow. Anyhow, you do NOT have to fly the routes listed on the Cal Scream website, those are there simply there to promote various routes as well as make the FPs for those routes easily availible. If you want to just pick any old random flight with your aircraft of chose, that's great, but please try to have a proper route filed, as that makes things much easier :-). Have fun tomorrow everyone! :DRyan-Flightpro08 :-coolTaxiwaysigns.com

Guest KB

Ouch, after the Swedish midsummer celebrations I'm not in a good shape for a major VATSIM event...too bad, though. Would've been fun.

Dang. Visitors over yesterday afternoon so didn't check the forum. Had I known you'da had a UK PIC join you Mike.Next time.

Guest ielchitz

Crazy event.Unless you have experienced one - it is hard to describe. It is not like your usual event where you have 100+ aircraft all going to one destination. This is supposed to simulate the criss crossing traffic of the southwestern United States.After a short stint behind the scopes I took out the PIC and did KLAX KSAN KLAS - I was too busy on those short flights looking out the window and listening to the radio chatter to get a good look at servinfo and see where the other PIC'rs were. I did get to see CVA3339 touchdown at San Diego as I was taxiing - as soon as he called clear I was rolling again.Initial counts were just less than 900 movements for the day which is about 450 actual flights. Just an amazing event guys... My only suggestions are be prepared (PIC Pride causes us to be), have a little patience, and under no circumstances should you have your "Aicraft Collision" feature turned on or chances are you WILL have someone taxi over, under, or through you .I will make sure to post the next fun event for the PIC'rs to come out to.Cheers,Ian Elchitz

Great event - had a blast... even if I sunk into the tarmac at KRNO on my first flight.Saw Mr. Bevington as UAL1483... witnessed lots of traffic and excellent ATC.Way to go CalScream!

The SUPPORT FORUM for Level-D Simulations products: http://www.leveldsim.com/forums

LVLDF1.gif

Guest Martin

I was connected to one of the worst servers, so due to problems with that I wasn't able to get in touch with ATC to get a descent clearance. So I prepared myself to hold at PDZ on the PDZ4 arrival, but was instructed to hold at CIVET for some reason, even though it was obviously not in my flight plan.Eventually I got in too high anyway. I'm not sure if it was all my fault or if PIC actually has too little drag (?) in FS2002. After a go-around the server problems came back again, and flying the runway heading at 2000' I must have been over 50 miles out over the Pacific before I got in touch with Socal Departure, who very nicely, smoothly and accurately vectored me in for another, this time successful, approach.Later I departed with a 747 for Frankfurt. This time I chose a better server (actually my server list was apparently old), and FS, my computer, and the VATSIM connection ran flawlessly for almost 12 hours. :-)Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing