Sign in to follow this  

Locking Up.

Any help will be appricated. When opening PIC in my 2k2 as soon as the panel show the computer locks up. I can reboot and some time it will start working. This even happens if you place the panel into opensky or a 757. Thanks.:-hmmm

Do you have the PIC 'quick tips' enabled? If so, it can happen, that the blue screen just becomes invisible, so you can't click on anything on the panel. In that case, you can close that screen by clicking on the (now invisible) 'Exit' button (somewhere around the altimeter buttons). Then just go into the PIC menu and uncheck 'Show Quick Tips at Start-up'. However, if this is the problem, it would not cause your computer to lock up. You should be able to minimize FS by pressing the Windows key or exit it by pressing 'Alt-Break'.Hope this helps,Cheers,Gosta.

Thanks Gosta, I'll give it a try.Jim

Sorry, it's 'Ctrl+Break' to exit FS immediately...Cheers,Gosta.

Gosta, It worked thanks a lot.:-)

I have been using the PIC for some time ansd never had lockups .. never until a few days ago. I could not complete a single short flight. I was getting mad like hell. Strange things would also happen - not only a lock up would occur but my screen would start to rasterize - split into millions of tiny specs - as if I were looking at the monitor through a 100 mph sand storm. Very bizarre. I rebooted a few times - no help. Then I was playing with some programs that were running in parallel, my antivrus, etc. I actually enabled my antivrus (was disabled) and the problems stopped. Of course I have no way of knowing whether my antivirus had anything to do with it or it was a coincidence. Now I have been going for a few days and everything seems ok. I still don't know what the cause was. However I am staying away from this one scenario that seemed tied to the problem - flying in scattered clouds around San Juan. I disabled the clouds and all is fine. Clouds ? Should I try them again ? .. noah, I better wait for demons to leave my PC ...Michael J.

Glad it worked, enjoy your flights...Cheers,Gosta.

Hi Michael,this is a long shot, but did you use programs like 'KaZaa' recently, or visit some websites with dubious pop-ups? Did you pay attention to what the windows actually said before closing them? If the answer is yes to any of the above, you could have become a victim of a new form of spyware, which also uses your computer as a server to distribute files. One of them is by Brilliant Digital, and the program to get rid of it is here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/B3DKiller.htmlOf course, it could be a number of problems, including your graphics card packing it in, I'm afraid you'll just have to try to find out.Cheers,Gosta.