Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Free PIC Editor + Richard Stefan navdata - anyone know

Free PIC Editor 2.33 crashes when I put the newest AIRAC 206 navdata from Richard Stefan's site into the FMCWP/navdata folder. It never did this with the old Jason Barlow data from the Wilco site... I really want to be able to make proceedure files using FPE for the new RNAV procedures at KPHX, but I can't because they're not in Jase's data... I've already emailed Richard about this and hopefully he can find a solution, but in the meantime do any of you know how to get it working?? There not really any descernable difference in the way the text files for the navaids, fixes etc look, they're the exact same formatting as far as I can tell.Thanks,Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest NAVData

Hi Ryan,i have wrote a mail to Terry (Author of PIC-Editor) and i hope he can help me/us to solve the problem. Have tested the data and found none error ... i didn

Guest J_Niny

Hi Richard,did you receive my email, about this problem?Regards,Jorge Niny

Guest lamont

Hey Tabs,I encountered this error last year, I wrote Terry and at that time he didn't have a clue. I also wrote Richard via his forum (the post is now gone as too old).I did do some elimination detective work and at that time it appears that the error was happening in the airport file. I'm swamped right now with little time to devote to the hobby but maybe someone can follow-up with this.

Here's some more bits of info...1. Swaping the Barlow data back in makes it work instantly.2. Swaping the Barlow airports.dat for Richard's and then deleting the INI file for FPE allows the program to load, however none of the search features work - you type in for instance "CHILY", an RNAV fix used in KPHX's DP's, and it just sits there not finding anything... You type in "PXR" even for the Phoenix VOR and it finds nothing.3. I looked through Richards text files side by side with the Barlow ones and aside from the commented section at the beginning (which shouldn't have anything to do with anything), I don't see a difference in any part of them. I think Terry's probably gonna have to find the problem - I mean Richard's files work just fine in the FMC, so they have to be formatted correctly...If it helps at all too, the crash names the FPE exe and the MS Visual Basic 6 dll as the sources. I'm using XP Home.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest NAVData

Servus Ryan, servus Jorge - hi all :-)First, yes Jorge i have received your mail thanks and that

Thanks so much for you efforts Richard - your contribution to those of us who like to use real-world navigation in FS are immense!!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Guest stang

Hi all. I am sorry for the length of time it has taken me to respond about your problem with my editor. I get so little correspondence about it (I'm talking months here) that I generally don't check the forum very often although I do check my email more often. I just saw this thread today. Anyway, I found the problem. Richard's new AIRAC 206 navdata has thousands of new Fixes. This caused the table I use to store that data to overflow and crash the program. I've increased the size of the table and have tested the AIRAC 206 cycle and the program works normally again. The corrected program (Version 2.34) is up on my site at flightassist.tripod.com/index.htm.RegardsTerry

Guest NAVData

Hi Terry,thank you very much for all your work. That