Sign in to follow this  

High Nose Pitch After Takeoff

why when i take off the nose pitches way up untill it stalls and is hard to bring the nose back down.

Maybe try some nose down trim input. If that doesn't work, try recalibrating your joystick.

Like Kevin said, check your trim. Even if it is within the "green" zone it can often be too much. Also, you are actually supposed to get almost to 15-19 deg pitch (depending on weight) soon after takeoff (follow your flight director).Michael J.

well i use my keyboard for flying..but what the problem is that when i make the elevator go up it stays stuck in that position therefore I cant bring the nose down...anyone know what might be going on there?

I had the same problem but it also happened with the rudder. I'm not sure if it's a PIC problem or if it's caused by the Posky/PIC merge. Anyway, I corrected it by changing the elevator/rudder up & down limits in the .cfg file. I can't recall the numbers I used but just lower them a bit from where they are at. The problem was occuring when full control deflection was inputted but then it just sticks there. These lower numbers will prevent the full deflection from occuring. I haven't had the problem since.Eric

anybody have a "cfg" file u think is fixed up and wont have that problem..if so could you please send it to me at: sat87us@yahoo.com

You could try re-installing FSUPIC, I had that problem and it fixed it.

where can i get this FSUPIC and it's latest version some people were talking about?

Now, after reading your other question about flying without FMC I have suspicion you are misusing the autopilot. You got to read the manual and learn how real 767 AP works and do not attempt to control either pitch or roll when AP is engaged - it won't get you very far. I am afraid it is not a bug in the PIC, it is an "operating" error.Michael J.

still no success with this problem, now I've found out that the elevator not only sticks in the up position but in the down as well, same goes for the rudder..it gets stuck too in the left or right position. :-hmmmBTW: I use my keyboard for flying.

>BTW: I use my keyboard for flying.Now this is a feat in itself. I have no idea how you can do any serious flying using the keyboard alone. Michael J.

I've been flying since FS98 with the keyboard and I've done mastered it. :)