Sign in to follow this  

FUEL PLANNING

I want to learn how calculation the fuel for a fly? Thank you Paul

Guest Martin

A fly... I'm sorry I have no idea about fuel calculations for a fly, I just know that flies like sugar. And other food stuff. ;-)If you're wondering about fuel planning for the 767, and you want to do it the easy way, a file called jetplan767 v4.zip was recently uploaded to the Avsim library. It's an Excel spreadsheet that lets you enter the distance of your flight, weights, etc., and it calculates the fuel needed for the flight, as well as takeoff speeds and some other useful information.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

There are many excellent fuel planning spreadsheets and formulas out there.This seems to be fairly accurate with the PIC767.7.8 Tonnes + 5.4 x (EET-1.0) + neccesary reserves.Best Regards,

I wonder what airlines use for reserves. Is it equivalent to 1, 2 or 3 hourhs of flight time ?Or another good question: with how much fuel left an average 767 reaches its destination ?Michael J.

Oh, given the extra safety margin airlines practice I would seriously doubt an average "heavy" lands with just 45 min of fuel aboard.Michael J.

well i use to be a fueler at KORF and sometimes i would fuel a airplane like 737 or F-100 and right befor fueling there's about 3000-5000 pounds of fuel setting there all ready depending on the aircraft and where it came from.

Guest Martin

>Or another good question: with how much fuel left an average >767 reaches its destination ? A ballpark figure would be 6-7 tonnes, but it probably goes a bit lower and higher depending on distance to the alternate (and a lot of other things, but clearly there's a big difference between an alternate 50 miles away and one 300 miles away).Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Being a former fueler at Pearson airport in Toronto, with several airports within 30 minutes flying time that are filed as alternates I would say on average most aircraft I serviced would arrive with the equivalent of approximately one hour's flying time worth of fuel,including trans-oceanic flights. From my experience I would open up the fuel panel on a 767 and expect to see between 2,000kg to 2,500kg of fuel remaining per wing under normal conditions. More would be there on poor weather days as extra contingency fuel is added. Bear in mind when weather conditions and airport facilities meet certain criteria, the aircraft can depart with 'contact' fuel, ie no alternate fuel is required to be included, in which case you might be surprised how low the fuel loads can be upon reaching destination.

Guest Martin

Are you talking about 767s mostly doing short hauls or trans Atlantic? I guessed 6-7 tonnes judging from the estimates of some flight plans, but apparently it's a little high - or is that a more common amount for long range flights?Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing