Sign in to follow this  
Guest joea

rudder fixed-now about the elevator

Guest joea

I am one of those who has had occasional problems with sticky rudders and elevators. I have doiwnloaded and installed the latest version of fsuipc 2.87 and well it did wonders for the rudder. Unfortunately it did nothing for the elevator, I tried a takeoff at night for KORD and went nose up too high, stalled and crashed. Please note I always trim correctly...and never have this problem under most circumstances. The ONLY thing that works in these situations is turning AI traffic off, in fact it worked before the latest version of fsuipc for the rudder too. wheneever there is too much AI traffic at certain busy airports I get the problems with the rudder and elevators. Strange thing is when

Possible cause is your trim setting. I am not sure what "I always trim correctly" means, but depending on your gross weight...Try this - 245,200 ZFW20,000lbs fuelGross of 265,200lbs, on an average day with average weather on an average runway, I use 4.5 to 5 units of trim, 5 degrees of flap, rotate just before Vr, 3 degrees rotation per second to the FD bar after wheels off the ground, with a D-TO/CLB1 (DTO of 50-66 degrees being so light)...never a problem.If this causes a stall I would be very surprised....you have not been playing with any weight and balance applications have you? If not done properly, your balance could be off, or the MOI, or a multitude of other things.Rob.

Guest joea

No Rob it's not that and I haven't played with W and B the elvevator sticks like the rudder used to in low fps situations its as if it jumps to full up (the EADI is also very jerky) and this is with AI tunred on so, at big airports, I have to turn it off. After some inquires to Peter Dowson it would appear my sytem is the culprit so I will lay off FS at least with the fancy stuff like PIC until a get a decent system. Thanks anyway.