Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob

Pro Pedal GamePort to USB

When I got a new computer a while ago, I got myself CH Pro Pedals with a USB connection to replace an older set of pedals that used a game port. A friend's young son has recently taken up simming and I let him have my older pedals. He doesn't have a game port on his machine, however, so he bought a Rockfire converter that is supposed to allow him to use a USB port. But it doesn't work. Any ideas?Bob

A real cheap way of doing it, about $10, would be to buy a much outdated sound card on Ebay that has a gameport on the board. Just use the gameport part of the board. To use the pedals you need a joystick in the same loop with them OR you can add a resistor to the pedals to make the gameport THINK a joy stick is present. I think the adapter from RadioShack is about $22 from the online store.BobThe CURRENT WEATHER at my home. (12.9 Miles ESE of KPIA)http://www.crh.noaa.gov/radar/images/DS.p3...klot/latest.gif

Guest Rob

Hey Bob,It depends on two things... CH Products have been having some problems with Windows XP and functionality, if not, perhaps the consideration of an outdated sound card with a gameport or look for a motherboard with a gameport onboard.In the meantime, try the CH Products website for some updated product drivers.