Sign in to follow this  

FMC and Auto-load of FS flightplans

I just bought PIC and so far I love it! One thing that does no seem to work according to manual is the loading of flight plans from the FS2002 flightplanner into the FMC.The pdf manual directs me to go to the route page, enter the saved 8-digit PLN name via the scratchpad, and then activate and execute the route. I can enter the PLN name without a problem, but I can neither activate nor execute the route. After activation, I cannot view the legs of the plan with the PREV PAGE and NEXT PAGE buttons as advertised. There is apparently no plan present in the FMC.Am I missing something? Any help is appreciated!David

Depending on what flightplanner you use,it will put your plan in FS2002/myflights. See if your plan is in that folder. If it is copy your plan into the pilots folder. Thats where PIC looks for it.

I am having the same problem and I sure glad you asked the question. Now I know what I have been doing wrong. I compeletly forgot about the flight planner sending it to myflight. Thanks.:-wave

That solved the problem. Thanks for your help, Vic!David

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've renamed the flt plan that I created using the 2002 flight planner, and I have copied it into the pilots folder. However I still cannot get it to work. What am I doing wrong? I've got the patch installed and so I'm really puzzled. Any help would be great appreciated.

Guest Lobaeux4

Make sure that it is named with only 8 characters. If you just make a flight plan with MS for example, it'll save to the 'flights/my flights' folder. Just copy and paste it into the 'pilots' folder, under co route in the fmc, you should be able to plug in the 8 character co route and it should come up. Hint.. Use ICAO code for you co route, for example KDFWKLAX Dallas to Los Angeles. If you do it some other way, you may not remember what those flight plans were for.Lobaeux

I tried that and still nothng, not sure what I'm doing wrong. Darrell

Just to go over this again -FS2002 saves into fs2002flightsmy flightsWhen saving the route that fs has generated, over type the name as in the previous post e.g. KDFWKLAX.PLNNow copy this from the above location to -fs2002fmcwpnavdataflightplansWhen you're in PIC, just enter the code from above (KDFWKLAX).Hope this sorts it, otherwise I can't think what else this is.Carl

Guest Lobaeux4

Hmmm, mine works when pasted into the FS2002/pilots folder.Lobaeux

Thanks for this tip. It seems to be a fairly robust programme. However, one small (moronic) question: once I have generated or built a flight plan, where and how do I save it and, most importantly, how do I get it to transfer into the PIC FMS so I can call it up?Thanks for any help,Meekal

An alternative to the problem that takes a little more time is to go to clearanceunlimited and go to the routings page. You can get routings from most every major us city and manually input the waypoints into the FMC on the route page before your flight. Takes some time, but it is more realistic. Hope this post helps a little!:-wave

Go into options and set it to auto-export to the PIC FMC, just place a tick beside PIC767 checkbox. When you hit "Build Flightplan" it will automatically generate it, name it and place it in the appropriate folder. The name will be 8 characters long and consist of the departure and arrival ICAO codes.