Sign in to follow this  

Questions regarding Mike's 757 package

Hi there,I'm a 757 admirer (this metal tube just has a hot bod ;-), so I'm anxiously waiting to use it with the PIC panel.But what were the things again, that remain 767 like when using this package.What ZFW do i enter into the fmc?Is it behaving like a 767 in 757 dress or do i have to edit or change some .cfg files?Thanks for any answers and hat off to you Mike for your great effort!!!Best regards,Dirk <>

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi Dirk.As a 757 fanatic, I tried the Mike's combination and I must say I'm very impressed! It works fine appart from 2 things in the FMC which Mike (and anyone else) can do nothing about.The ZFW of this specific 757 is 81.2Tonnes (Some repaints of the same a/c have 82T ZFW). So you can use that.Note however that ALL the speeds returned by the FMC will NOT be correct. They will refer to a very light 763 and not to a heavy 757 as in our case. So add about 25-30Kts to the values and you should be ok.The aircraft flies beautyfully even on hand. The only thing that bothered me was the elevator being way too sensitive, but I changed my aircraft.cfg sensitivities & effectiveness for the trim and elevator back to 1 (from 8 they were) and she flew great!BTW, does anyone know if the IFDG 757 has operating (visual) reversers? I see a texture called reverser.bmp but I cannot see the reversers moving... Any ideas? Not that it really matters (I preffer to fly from inside the plane. It get very windy outside :-) ), but I just want to confirm it.Cheers,George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

Dirk:The ZFW for the 757 in question is about 180,000 lbs. With that said, you should input the lowest ZFW value that you can into the 767 FMC and then derate the engines further depending on your load...This will give you a rough approximation of 757 performance using the FMC. Nope it won't be perfect but it certainly will be within the ball park.HTH,Mike T.

Guys,thanks a lot for the replies, again, awesome work Mike :-) !!!Best regards,Dirk <>