Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ian_Riddell

Satcom Antenna

Guest Ian_Riddell

I haven't had the chance to have a good look at the Air Canada 767's which fly into Sydney these days, but I did notice the other day that they have a Satcom antenna mounted on the roof. Would anyone know if this is for full voice communications? Is satellite communication available in the cabin for pax use?http://www.ozemail.com.au/~iriddell/SatcomAntenna2.jpgThe smaller, similar shaped antennae behind this are, by the way, ADF antennae.Thanks.Cheers.Ian.

Apparently Air Canada's A330/A340s are no longer required to position report via HF and instead auto report via satellite. I'm not sure if Air Canada has their '67s equipt with this as well but thats my guess. Anyone else like to add to this?