Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tony

TCAS and VATSIM

Guest Tony

Hi,I wanted to start flying with PIC on VATSIM, but I have one question about TCAS. To my knowledge there is no TCAS available for PIC. Do most people use the TCAS that comes with Squawkbox? If so, is there any way to get that TCAS display into the PIC panel? Or am I stuck with having to task switch between FS and Squawkbox when I want to check the TCAS.TIA for any advice (and tips about online flying in general),Tony

Guest hvanleusen

Hi,what I

Hey Tony,I use FSNav's multiplayer option and move the screen onto another monitor.This way I get not only TCAS, but a controller's eye view of the area 40 miles around me!It is very cool to see a few other aircraft on the same jet airway as you, or to watch busy traffic being vectored at a major airport. It almost makes me want to try my hand at controlling. :)Regards,Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Guest ilh

There is something out there called HostSB.dll that allows you to run SB from within FS2002 so you do not have to task switch out. It basically replaces the SBHost program and provides a window for SB and its TCAS to live in. In some ways it isn't as good as SB was inside of FS2000, but one nice thing is you can minimize the host window and get SB completely out of your way when you do not need it.Search the AVSIM and/or Flightsim.com libraries for it. Or, search the Squawkbox/Pro Controller forum.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Hi LeeRegarding the HOSTSB.dll - I use this program but was under the impression that if you minimize it to get it out of the way, you have to task switch back to the desktop to restore it. Am I correct in this assumption? I've never tried to minimize it. Gary W. NorrisAAL214

Gary,When you minimize HOSTSB.dll it will remain in the FS2002 window. A very useful little utility indeed. Best Regards,

Guest Tony

Thank you all for the information. I don't have a second monitor so I'll try playing around with HostSB.Tony

There is a TCAS panel available here (or t'other place) which *should* work with 'aibridge.zip' to give you a flightdeck TCAS display.I have down loaded it but have not yet had chance to install it.File name 'tcas-panel.zip'