Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lobaeux4

PIC/POSKY merge and my frame rates

Guest Lobaeux4

Tonite I finally got around to using the PIC/POSKY merge file that I dl'd. I ran this setup.bat, and in an unrelated action, I changed my AGP from 2x to 4x. Now, when I'm in PIC cockpit mode, my frame rates dropped from steady 16, to 10-11. Outside mode, taking off out of EGLL (uk2000 scenery) I've got 16fps, go back inside, drops to 10-11. I don't normally worry about fps, but taking off out of EGLL it was noticeable rolling down the runway. Any ideas?LobaeuxAMD 1700512 DDR RAMGeForce 3 ti 20040 GB 7,200 HDWinXPPIC767/POSKY

Guest ilh

I didn't notice that. Maybe you should change one thing at a time and go back to AGP 2x.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest Lobaeux4

I'll try that after this flight, I hope it's not something to do with the merge, the lighting effect is terrific.Lobaeux

Guest ilh

Let me know. I don't think I noticed any frame-rate differences from the panel. From external views, frame rates were much better with the POSKY model compared to Wilco's.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest Lobaeux4

Well, finished my flight, frame rates got better at the default scenery airport, but I can't believe that the add-on scenery caused that much of a hit, when it hasn't before. Like I said, the spot view, frame rates were steady at 16, with PAI aircraft all around, but when I went into the panel, they dropped. But now I've got another new problem, and I can only tell it on the PIC panel. I get a slight vibration in the screen. It's kind of weird, it usually does it when I've got my second monitor running with all aircraft, but I turn the monitor off, voila vibrating panel goes away with PSS Airbus, but it doesn't with the PIC. I think this is just an anomoly and really believe that computers are much closer to "Terminator" status than others believe. They seem to have a mind of their own, lol. Of course, just for scientific reasearch, I'm going to have to do more flights with the PIC 767 to see if I can get rid of the vibrating panel ;-), it's almost as if it's on a bad refresh setting, but it does it on 60mhz, 70mhz, 75mhz, and 80mhz. I'll let you know more about the AGP setting, gonna change the setting back to 2x and 1x and see if that does anything.Thanks,Lobaeux

Guest Lobaeux4

Oh geez, I found out what the problem was, it didn't have anything to do with the merge. What happend was, I use two monitors for flying, I put the FMC and squawbox on the other monitor. Well, somehow, the main panel window, was ever so slightly bleeding over onto the other monitor. It made my machine into a slideshow. If you have problems like this, and your running two monitors, check that out, you may have your main window expanded to your other monitor.Lobaeux

Hi just a question,how are you able to run two monitors with your FS2002?Best regards, Renfield

Guest Lobaeux4

What I've got set up is a GeForce 3 Ti 200 and an old Banshee PCI card set up in my computer. WinXP picks up on the other video card and is able to "stretch" my desktop across both monitors. Then, I just pull up the FMC, "undock" it to a window, and then drag it over to the other monitor. I do the same with the squawkbox window. It actually works pretty well. I had originally tried to set it up for the overhead panel, but couldn't get the monitor to sit correctly, so I just set the monitor to the side. Eventually, I'd like to build a simple cockpit (once I get to a bigger house), with a seat, my 19" monitor with fresnal lense, then a monitor to display the overhead panel, and a monitor to the right of the main monitor to display the FMC and pedestal. This I feel would be the best way to go.Lobaeux

Thx Lobaeux,that sounds interesting. so I have to spent parts of my next salary on another graphic card ;)My other problem now is, that after using a POSKY Condor767 with the PIC Panel, using cockpit view, my system only stutters and the A/P is not working how he should work !!!I have a AMD2000+, 512RAM, GE3Ti200. do you have any suggestions ?!?Best regards, Renfield