Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

squawk box woes

i have been unable to get squawk box working in fs2002, i tried different versions but to no avail including ver 3 beta.i setup a multiplayer session and then try to connect with squawk box whick dosen't find the ip address it needs so i manually enter the address which locates the session but dosen't join it,nothing happens,sometimes it does say squawk box has joined the session but no box appears to connect to a server etc,in ver 3 when it tries to connect a scroll bar appears and say squawk box has left the session?,instead of joined?happens with or without firewall,using windows xp and fs2002 and geforce 4 ti card.any help appreciated as its very frustrating.

Guest Rob

It sounds like another third-party firewall intruding somewhere. Ensure your other firewall (if you have one installed) is set to allow unknown or "ask me first."SB will NEVER connect to FS with the Windows XP/2000 firewall activated - so ensure this is turned off.

no firewall is activated but since the post i have managed somewhat to getting ver 3 workin by using the sb host box first,the drawback is that the fms,compass and sb chat box is in a box of its own so its not possible to have them in their own window,here's a screenshot to show you what i mean.

You have to run SB Host first. Always!Glad you got it working. Who needs that thing in the same screen with your panel anyway? ;-)

Some things to check,1) XP firewall is off (you have this I udnerstand)2) You have created a multiplayer session in FS BEFORE you open SB Host3) You start SB Host first then SB4) In the startup of SB when it asks for an ip address enter 127.0.0.1This should then work.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"