Sign in to follow this  

Autobrakes more effective?

Hi,Is there a way to increase autobrakes effectiveness in PIC? They don't seem to slow down the plane so much, after landing, even if in position 4.Thanks,Luca

I believe I read on this forum, somewhere, that this is pretty realistic. Due to weight, momentum, etc., it takes a lot of runway to slow and stop this aircraft. How much fuel are you carrying at touchdown? Are you using thrust reversers as well? I know that with about 40% fuel remaining, I can easily stop on a 7000' runway. :-)

Guest ilh

With my PIC/POSKY merges, I found that using some of POSKY's wheel contact points the PIC autobrakes would not function. In particular, if you have more than 3 wheel contact points the autobrakes would not work at all.I would not be surprised to find that you are using a POSKY aircraft.cfg file, or at least a POSKY &l;contact_points&r; section.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest Ian_Riddell

As I understand it, there is only one autobrake strength in PIC (whichever setting you have (1, 2, 3, 4, Max)). I had similar problems to you when I was running PIC on a slow computer (300MHz). When I upgraded to a faster computer, the brakes stopped my aircraft much sooner. I don't know if this was co-incidence or not.Hope this helps.Cheers.Ian

Thank you all for your replies.I use Lee's PIC/POSKY merge config file, with three wheel contact points. All landings I made were with about 20-25000 lbs of fuel.My computer is a Pentium IV-2 GHZ, with 512 MB of Ram.I remember reading somewhere, maybe on this forum, that there was a way to increase autobrakes effectiveness, but I don't remember how.Best regards,Luca

20000lbs of fuel? What was your ZFW? That is a fair amount of fuel to have for landing. I usually use autobrakes 2, works very well. If the runway is under 7000 feet or slippery, I will use 3 or 4.Cheers,Greg

Greg, are you talking about real world braking or sim world? If so what would make the runway slippery in flight sim and how would you know if it was? Thanks.Aaron.

Talking about sim. Although runways probably can't be made slippery, I pretend that they are if you're in say a rain shower. Much more realistic procedure, not the actual braking.Greg

Guest ColdBear

Adveisory information only!Autobrake setting: dry 1/2 wet 3/4Approach speed: 150GSAutobrake 2Reference Landing Distance with Autobrake 2: 7700feetReference Landing Distance with Autobrake 3: 6600feetThe distance is valid with or without reverse thrust and for any landing flap Hope this help :)

Guest Lenny Zaman

i can say that 20k is not so much if you're going to africa... the distances to alternates there are so big that , on my flight LIRF-HKMO today, i had a remaining 50k on board, and i as about 18k below MLW so no problems, on the runway the planner suggested autobrake 1, but i used max to stop before a certain taxiway, i think C.Cheers

I know the answer! When on final approach, don't be flying too fast!Favorite area to Fly--Alaska!

Guest Martin

You must have been in an awful hurry, since MAX autobrake is for emergency ONLY! :-eekMartin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing