Sign in to follow this  
wchafe

Lockheed Electra L10A CF-TCC (Off topic post)

Wow, nice shots Wade. Did you get and right seat time in the bird?? Where was the third picture taken?? Neat looking place.. Mike B.

Guest Dan_Pergau

She's gorgeous Wade. I have seen her a few times at Rockcliffe airport on the approach and parking in the VIP spot at the Aviation museum.Thanks for sharing! Great pictures!

Guest Lenny Zaman

lucky lucky lucky u..... nice shots wade

Hi Mike. I didn't have time to sit in the right seat but I did have some good conversations with other passengers. One old guy had some great stories, including one about meeting Amelia Earhart. NF was a hub of aviation in the early years. Many famous aviators and their planes have been through here.The picture is of Portugal Cove, a small community near St. John's airport, close to my home. The ferry is coming from Bell Island. Regards,Wade

Guest joea

Great shots Wade, the shots of the "Rock" are very nice too, been on that ferry once myself.

Guest ilh

Is that a vintage GPS I see there? ;-)Great shots!Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

The equipment has been updated because it is flying regularly across country for these charity flights. The seats are also current airline type seats. To reach the two frontmost seats or the cockpit you have to step over the wing spar which is about knee high. They tell me that when these things were in operation it was a pleasure to see the stewardess step over the spar on her way to the front. They wore very short skirts and no pantyhose in those days ;-)Regards,Wade

Guest KenG

Wow! She's a beauty! Now that's what reflective textures are supposed to look like. Great pics Wade.Looks like the captain had a death grip on the yoke. ;-) I would love to take a ride in one of those. Too bad there aren't more of them around. To be back in the early heyday day of the airliner. When planes were planes and flight attendants were called stewardesses, were single, and wore short skirts with no panty hose! :-smooch

My ACA buddies tell me they are sooooo short of aircraft, they installed the avionics so it could re-enter service...on the CYVR-CYYZ Red Eye, no one would notice or care what the plane is ;-)If you have ever done the CYVR-CYYZ Red Eye, you'll know what I mean.Rob.

Hi Wade,nice shots.If someone remembers the final of the film "Casablanca", he shouldrecognize the bird.Regards from ItalyGian PaoloGenoa LIMJ/GOA

Guest JamieG

omg wade uve never made a box wit an X look so good?? mind postin again cuz i hear they look great!!! lol