Sign in to follow this  

PIC767 FMC-related crashes in FS2K2

Just started flying the PIC B767-300 using SID and STAR procedures for simulating real carrier flights. There I came accross a nasty bug which is related to the PIC FMC gauge in FS 2002. After a while, FS2002 stops responding for 2 secs and FS crashes completely. This happens often when I want to access data on the "RTE DATA" page. I could not find a detailed faultlog report, except this general one:The description for Event ID ( 1000 ) in Source ( Microsoft Flight Simulator ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: fs2002.exe, 8.0.0.10919, 767fmc.gau, 1.2.0.0, 00043128.My system is: AMD 1700+ xp, Windows Xp (all latest patches), DX8.1b and Det 29.41. BTW: the PIC767 Quick Tips are switched off.Has anyone any suggestions on how to prevent this crash?Thanks in advance.Cheers,David

Guest ilh

I suspect you might have a bad SID/STAR. Do they all do that to you or only that particular one?Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Unfortunately,it's not only a bad SID/STAR. It also happens when for instance I fly one of those flights that came with PIC such as the CYYZKJFK flightplan.BTW: I re-installed FS2002 and PIC and its FS2002 patch. I really enjoy the PIC 767 package, so I become a little desparate :(Cheers,David