Sign in to follow this  

Speechbuddy

Anyone tried this program yet? It lets you speak commands to FS and FS recognizes them. I downloaded it and tried it. Seems like this will be a GREAT tool if it works correctly. I haven't had much time to mess with it (at work hee hee) but I'm gonna try it later at home.you can get it here:http://www.simviation.com/fs2002utilities_gen1.htmp.s. you also need to download Microsofts voice recognition software (it's free). The link to that is in the speechbuddy readme.

HiI also have started using Speechbuddy but have not got very far yet as I have not had time but all reports I have heard about it are very good. I too got those OLE error reports but have found you also need another file from Microsoft to make it run, "actcnc2.exe",Aprox 6megs, this file is the one you need to train the software before running speech buddy.From what I have read up to about five days ago though is it will not run with Windows 98. ( In Falcon 4 that is, not sure about FS2002)The creaters of the programme have finished with it and no support or further progress will be done. (So I have read)For further info look on the following website and you will probably find all the answers you need to get it working:-http://www.frugalsworld.com/Look for the Falcon 4 forum down the left hand side and then do a search for "Speech buddy", There is only about 6 finds.Best of luckZack Laws

I have been using Speechbuddy for a while but found it annoying when it would register commands while I was talking to my self or someone else and the gear would go down or the flaps would change settings. I finally made a .ini file that only has commands for responding to ATC. Now I have to open the ATC window with a button and then speak my command and the radio transmission goes out. This makes FS2002 ATC very realistic when interfaced this way. For example ATC hands me off to another controller and I hit the left button on my yoke and the ATC window comes up then I say "Switching" and it registers a press of the "1" key and I answer ATC. Or ATC calls out traffic and I respond "Talley Ho" and Speechbuddy sends the command and I answer ATC. I also used "Roger" to hit #2 and Wilco for #1 keys.That way I am saying an appropriate response for my instruction. If you play with the .ini file you can tailor it to your needs. Hope this helps.Ken