Sign in to follow this  

Mergers

OK i am about to pull my hair out. No matter what plane you merge with 767 PIC you CANNOT reach full power. it always caps out in the 90's for N1%. It is supposed to reach up to 107%. why not? can anyone answer this without getting into any technical jargon. it would be much appreciated if anyone knows a fix to this.

Guest KenG

The simple answer: something is going wrong when you merge the files. I have been using PIC/POSKY merged files from the get-go and have always seen 105%+ N1 readings.What files are you using to merge? Are you using the PIC air file? Do you see N1 values above 90% when using the Wilco files? Are you talking about the 757 merge?

Hey KingAirDude...Obviously we're aware of the problems with the 75... I have to say though, I have no problem with the POSKY merges in terms of thrust.

i have merged posky's air canada 767 and no full power

Guest KenG

Hmmm, interesting. I've never seen this. What about my other questions above? Also, did you use Lee's merge file? I have done it with and without his files and never had a problem like that either way.Do other aircraft show reduced thrust? Have you checked your sensitivity/null settings for your joystick/yoke? Have you recently changed them?Basically, if we are to get to the bottom of this, we need more info because no one else has reported this phenomenon with the PIC/POSKY merge.

well here is what i do guys. i put the posky aircraft folder in the aircraft folders. i simply copy and paste the PIC panel folder in the posky folder which in turn replaces the present posky panel. i have tried using the PIC .air file in the posky folder but it did not like that. when i select the posky aircraft in the menu, it doesn't even indicate it was there if i am using the PIC .air file. and yes for every aircraft i ahve tried merging there has been a no go. same thing everytime. no full power. other than that i think it works fine. but you can't go very high without that full power. can you guys describe exactly how you merged them? thanks guys. i appreciate your help

Guest ilh

Please search this forum for "PIC POSKY Hetherington" to find out how I merge PIC and POSKY. The aircraft.cfg file has a lot of flight dynamics in it, and my merge will keep PIC flight dynamics. If you start mixing and matching PIC and POSKY flight dynamics, or POSKY flight dynamics with the PIC panel, you will likely run into problems of this sort, despite what some from POSKY will say.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

Guest KenG

Lee (ilh) created some wonderful files to merge the POSKY planes with the PIC panel. I suggest you do the search as he described and follow the directions. The PIC airfile is far superior to any other. It also works pretty well with the PIC panel (go figure).

ok i actually did it manually and got it to work. one thing now, my flaps do not work! doh!

Guest ilh

They work in my merge.Lee Hetherington (KBOS)

hey Lee. perhaps could you email me your .cfg file so i can see if mine got messed up somewhere? it would be much apprecitaed. and thanks for your help in the community. halfmilevis@hotmail.com