Sign in to follow this  

VNAV climb

When performing a VNAV climb to my cruising altitude in FS2002, the VS decreases to arround 1000 fpm in order to keep the 308/.800 climb speed entered into the FMC. This doesn't seem to satisfy the FS2002 ATC, and they tell me to expedite my climb. So I either have to specifiy a lower climb speed, or go to VS mode to keep the ATC from canceling my IFR. Unrealistic. Just wondering how everyone else deals with this problem. Thanks for any responses.-twilky

Guest anthonyj

At what altitude is this happening? Try speed intervention to set 290kts/M 0.78 on your MCP, or selecting max climb on your thrust management computer.

At what altitude is this happening? Try speed intervention to set 290kts/M 0.78 on your MCP, or selecting max climb on your thrust management computer. ---------------------------------------------Typically when passing about FL290 and all the way towards my cruising altitude, which is typically between FL350 and FL380, depending on the amount of fuel I have loaded. I usually climb with CLB1 mode until the VS drops to around 1500-1700, and then I engage full climb power.

Guest anthonyj

Aim for a cruise level not to high above optimum...maybe the weight is too high for the level you are planning. Typically the low thirties is as high as you would take a heavy 767.