Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Thanks for the PIC action at KPHX tonight!

Wow... my first night as a C-1 Albuqurque Center controller turned out to be rather eventful - I had two PIC flights come in, one of whom was our pal here Lamont Duncan, but what happend right as he got there was totally insane and unexpected!! ;)Just as Lamont contacted me descending in on the BLH.ARLIN3 a total nutcase got on my RW channel and started impersonating me, a VATUSA sup and non-existent aircraft. I first tried politely telling him to leave the channel but after he started saying things in a really stupid voice such as, "Can I say 'the F word' to you??", I'd heard quite enough - luckily both ZAB's chief Jeff Hall and our chief INS Mike Maxham were observing and before I'd even had a chance to do it, Eric Binder (VATUSA9) msged me telling me to PM all my aircraft to join a new channel - by this point the jackass was blasting music over the mic!Well it worked and Eric was able to figure out who the guy was - it was someone he'd banned already last week!! I suspect he'll be banned for even longer now...Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Tim W

I've heard the same sort of thing on various channels in the past! Including screaming and shouting! Sad cases who obviously have nothing better to do. It's a shame that a password can't be included somehow when you change ATC channels to keep these fruitcakes out of the chatrooms.RegardsTimEHAM

Guest Dan_Pergau

I know some regions of VATSIM now insist that you use your current callsign as your 'name' for roger wilco. They also want the controller to host their own voice sessions so if anyone not matching any aircraft they are controlling hops on and tries to start some chaos they are immediately kicked by the controller.Makes sense to me.Regards,Dan Pergau

Guest ielchitz

Ryan,I've been there before (in fact a week ago I had this issue) and can offer the following advice:1) Try ignoring them - they sometimes go away.2) Change your freq to something different on the same server (remember to update yout ATIS) like rw.avsim.net/ABQ_V_CTR to rw.avsim.net/ABQ_CTR - often this will get rid of the guy.3) Host on your own IP address (Many of us can not do that due to firewall and routers). Remember to put a "/" at the end of your atis - so if you are hosting on "212.152.21.10" your atis should read "212.152.21.10/"4) If the problem still persists. Make the channel you are hosting password protected and in your atis ask pilots to private message you for the password.Above all hang in there and try not to let the person ruin everyone's day.Hope this helps!Ian Elchitz

Yeah I can't host due to my router... Even if I make myself the DMZ it still wont let me for some reason.It was pretty easy to see who it was too since the first thing he said after getting on the channel was "This is Pretty White Aligator Double-oh-seven in the desert 122 miles from ABQ" which matched a "PWA_007" I had in the channel... ;)What would be really good is for the next version of RW to have a squelch button that everyone could use to just turn off transmissions for anyone causing trouble... I think I'll suggest that to them.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest lamont

Tabs, you did a fine job in spite of the interference. Had a great time.

What I wish is that someone would develop some nice looking KPHX scenery. I see Taxiwaysigns.com just released there signs for KPHX so that helps a little.

Eric 

Oh awesome, I've been waiting for that Taxiwaysigns KPHX release for quite a while!! Now if only we could figure out a way to get all VATSIM pilots to use em we could gove realistic taxi instructions too!Ryan

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Ryan, I think most of us want the most realism possible. If I was you, I would when us pilots call ready to taxi, give taxiway instructions to the active, i.e., "taxi via A to C and hold short...." I have the taxiway diagram for every airport I fly to. VATSIM is a ton more realistic and professional than say MS's "The Zone" so pilots should have the proper charts. Just my opinion.

Eric