Sign in to follow this  

Paging Mike Bevington = PIC-pilot missing person report

Anyone knowing the whereabouts of Mike Bevington aka AAL327 please report on this post. AAL327 has not been seen on line for over a week...something is wrong. Here's hoping everything is ok, Mike, and the only problems are connection issues. People are asking questions...."where the hell is Mikey?"Thank You.Rob.

Guest etanin

LOL, hey Rob I talked with him just an hour ago or so.All is good.

Thanks E - is he suddenly avoiding any on-line stuff?? Maybe he is learning his "Check Ride 767" book off-line?Rob.

Guest rcritz

Well he chatted me, for one line's worth, online earlier this evening too. But completely vanished after that.Maybe he's praticing hit-and-run tactics so he can do banner towing with the the 76... :-)

Guest ielchitz

While looking for a parking spot this evening at LAX, I spotted AAL327 parked at Terminal 4 (he even parks at the correct terminal) at about 1030 Pacific.His 767 looked clean enough.. maybe he was in the hangar painting it?Being the gentleman that he is - he took the time to say a quick hello. I also heard ACA856 being shipped to SoCal while I was busy dealing with a ridiculously busy center controller. I followed a Qantas 747 in all the way from FICKY and after smelling his exhaust for so long I just ended up following him all the way down:"Air Canada 301 heavy, your traffic is 3 miles, 11 O'clock - a westbound 747 descending out of 6000 - do you have him in sight?""SoCal we still have that 747 in sight, in fact - he just whipped in front of us from our right to left so close that we noticed Steve and Terry Irwin were sitting in row 5 - and we can follow him in if it makes things easier for you" "Air Canada's 301 heavy, that traffic is on the Localiser already and you are now 5 miles in trail. Follow that 747, cleared visual approach for runway 25L number 2 - caution wake turbulence - maintain 170 to the marker and call tower now on 120.95 - see ya""Switching and Good night from Air Canada's 301 heavy."Ian.

Crikey Terri - get a load of this beauty - That

Guest MB327

Well this is a first, a missing persons report. I went on vacation a few years back and returned to work with a milk carton that had my picture on it sitting on my desk. But I never expected to be thought of as missing on the net. I guess I asked for it though by spending so many freaken hours on line as I have in the last 10 months. We had a real tough week around here. It started with kids issues (call them kids, 22 and 17) and ended with a day in the hospital supporting my wife (all is well now).It looks like I am study back in the chair now having done YYZ-LGA, LGA-LAS, LAS-LAX last night with Rob (man was I tired when we finished those) and then 3 flights this afternoon into and out of Oshkosh (1 PIC and 2 in the Baron TC). The Oshkosh event went as advertised but with the addition of deterioriting weather. I had a 0326 CST slot for landing the 767. We took off from St. Louis in plenty of time to make that but then came the delays for traffic. Good thing I took off with an extra 10000 pounds of fuel because after landing exactly 1 hour late, I was down to my last 2,000 pounds and the crossfeed valve open. TONS of traffic and excellent ATC, to name a few, Richard Green, Fairfax O'Riley, Bryan Hoyle, even Ian Elchitz took a turn in there.

Guest Dan_Pergau

I can indeed confirm that Mike Bevington was at OshKosh.I was abusing a C172 with some best angle climbs and some crazy turns on runway 09-27 and he sent me a message =)Regards,Dan

I can confirm that BOTH Dan and Mike were at Oshkosh...I had to fly over Dan in my F15 and then dive for rwy 18 to land...and later, I was working GND when Mike finally arrived in his thirsty 767!Roger