Sign in to follow this  
Guest KD Larsen

A good tutorial?

Guest KD Larsen

Hi allBeen used to the PSS 747 & 777 as well as the DF737 for quite a while, I've decided that I reaally want to get into the 767PIC - but, where can I get a good tutorial that will take me from the cold & dark cockpit, through the entire cockpit setup, and possibly through a short flight. I've been reading through the PDF manuals from Wilco, but they, in my view, just tells you what to do with the various systems, not what order they should be operated.

Guest united777

well. yea, you do have those manauls ofcourse. but when u start up the 767PIC yo ushould get another popup with some steps. like starting engines. waht to do in this situation. type stuff. you may have to activate it. its very helpful. hope this helped!United777 :-wave

Get the 767/757 Simulator Checkride's Procedures Manual by Mike Ray atwww.utem.comIt's for the real airplane but the panel works just like the aircraft. That's how I learned to use it. You may try to find a real 767 pilot and he'll show you how to do it... Since the panel is very sophisticated I'm afraid there is no watered down procedure by a non-commercial pilot out there for it. I really recommend that book. It's well worth it. Pedro

Guest flightpro08

I also highly recommend Capt Ray's Simulator and Checkride manual. Yeah, it's a little pricey but well worth the $49.95. Probably the best investment I've made yet with all the $$$$ I've spent over the years messing with MSFS. And the amazing part is that PIC767 is so sophisticated that it can be used in conjunction with Mike Ray's manual. And yes, he starts with a cold and dark cockpit and advances through the various phases, including all of the various flight procedures and emergency procedures. I've yet to get that far though. I've printed out a ton of 767 info (including the Wilco manuals -ouch!!-) and I'm currently trying to really familiarize myself with all of the various systems. The PIC767 package is definately not one of those addons that can be downloaded/bought and jumped right into. A steep learning curve to be sure. Duh..just like the real aircraft....I LOVE THIS STUFF....LOL...Get to reading....that's my humble advice.....Tony P.