Sign in to follow this  
Misha_K

Help!!! Mad control surfaces.

I'm going crazy here. I have tried everything. Using PIC with POSKY 763. All of a sudden during taxi my control surfaces decided to get stuck in full up, bank left, turn right position (see pic). It's not the joystick, as I tried disabling it and correcting with the keyboard. Just to make sure, i tested the joystick. It works. The keyboard lets me correct for about a milimeter then it snaps back into the position you see in the pic. All systems are running normally, AP is off (of course). What's going on? Does anyone know? Getting pretty desperate here.Mishahttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d4db9ff23aa81d4.jpg

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hi Misha,I had exactly the same problem (as well as many others), and I managed to fix it by simply deleting the FSUIPC.ini file and letting FSUIPC create a new one with the default values.First make sure you are using the last version of FSUIPC.Then recalibrate your joystick/yoke and pedals (ONLY the gameport controls you have, NOT the USB controls).While initialy starting FS, move all the USB controls to their extremes. i.e. if you have the CH ProPedals (USB), slide full right rudder, then full left rudder and then step on the brakes (eee... that's activate the brakes... Don't actually step on them or you will brake the pedals! :-) ). Do this in slow, firm motion. Repeat the same process for each USB control you have.If the problem continues, then you can use FSUIPC to handle and correct the extreme joystick input values.CheersGeorge DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

I tried getting rid of the FSUIPC.ini, I even tried using an older version of FSUIPC. All to no avail. Resetting the values with FSUIPC doesn't work the 0 stays on the screen for a split second then it reverts to an extreme setting again. Now it's happening with the throttle as well. When you say, move all your controls to the extremes while starting up FS, what do you mean? While FS is still loading, before I'm in any situation? This only happens with the PIC panel, no other aircraft, regardless of aircraft model used. I'm using Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro, no forcefeedback. Either way, it happens with joystick disconnected and just using keyboard as well. It's really frustrating. This has made my favorite panel unusable. :-8Hoping for some help.Misha

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

I mean after FS loads and better with a default a/c, like the Baron or Cessna...USB is autocalibrated (in most cases). For me, I have the CH ProPedals (USB) if I don't do this after I start FS the rudder will stay at full right position until I use the rudder.However, I must note that I am running W98SE here...I can't think of anything else... It worked for me.Except... Try a small util called Joy Jitter. You can find it in the most download sites. It claims to eliminate the joystick/potmeter noise that sometimes creates unwanted movement.As a final resolution, find the joystick assignments in the FS2002.cfg file and delete them. Then when you start FS again, do your assignments, exit and restart. Maybe this will work.Hope you solve it.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

Hi,I once had this when I was connected to the internet (must have been a conflict i guess with the modem).CheersCarl

Hi Misha,Just an idea from me. I own Saitek 45X USB controller and used to have similar problem like you have. I know the frustration. I then noticed under the joystick calibration routine for FSUIPC that everytime I would move the throttle up and down, it would create some sort of noise for the controller axes for ailerons and rudders (the In and Out numbers would jump). I found out that increasing the null zone for my throttle under FS2002 sensitivity settings woulf fix this problem. I also don't use FSUIPC to calibrate my Saitek except for my throttle. If I do not calibrate my throttle axis under FSUIPC, I finnd that PIC767's N1 setting would start at 50% even when my throttle controller is at its minimum (may be it is because I have widened its null zone under FS2002?). I hope this may help you a little bit.Henry

I started having the same problem after I upgraded to the latest version of FSUIPC and HOSTSB.dll.Foolishly I did both at the same time.I have tried rolling back to the old versions but I still have the problem.It starts the minute I run HOSTSB.DLL and stops if I shut down the dll.I am also useing the MS Sidewinder Precision Pro and have tried calibrating it with FSUIPC but nothing seems to help.I am at a loss for the solution.