Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark McG

767, Vatsim & GPS Approaches.

Guest Mark McG

Hi,Do Vatsim Controllers allow 767 PIC pilots to fly GPS approaches, or do you prefer us to fly the ILS approach.ThanksMark

Guest ielchitz

Whatever your heart desires.Just tell ATC what approach you would like.. "Approach ACA301 checking in, thru 12,000 for 10""ACA301, Bay Approach good afternoon - Expect the ILS 28L approach""Approach, 301 would like to fly the TIPP TOE Visual this afternoon""ACA301, good man - Cross Menlo at 5000, expect the Tip Toe Visual for runway 28L"Deal with this on your initial contact with the approach controller. If you are with CENTER - this is pretty much a waste of time - it's the approach controller who handles the approaches - and working out an agreement between the pilot and ATC on what approach is going to be flown should be dealt with on initial contact.Once again - just ask. As a matter of fact - I'd take a pilot flying a visual over an ILS anyday.Ian Elchitz CYWGOakland ARTCCp.s. - In fact, use your comments to specify that you might want it "mixed up a bit" - try putting "all charts" or "you pick the approach, i fly it" in your comments.. Nothing is more fun than logging on and deciding that the ILS is down for maintenence so no one can fly it (refer to Las Vegas posts from 12 months ago).Also - if I see something like "767PIC" in someone's flight plan - I usually associate that with an ability to handle anything I throw at them.

Guest Mark McG

Ian,thanks for the reply.Will give it a go. Mark

Being that the 767 PIC doesn't have a GPS, how could you fly a GPS approach? RNAV I can see, but GPS?Jon (KSEA)