Sign in to follow this  

Mike_T 757s

Mike-enjoying flying your Continental B752, super job. that aircraft is equipped with RR engines, although the air file reflects thrust rating of 36,500 [PWs], so I bumped the thrust rating up to 43,500 as if it had the RR RB211-535E4Bs. Also moved the thrust scalar to 1.101.this bump improved it climb characteristics and overall improved its speed, as with the real 75.ques..-will you be painting a Delta?-how to we eliminate seeing a part of the nose of the aircraft when looking back and right [right wing view]?thanks for great workGene

Guest Dan_Pergau

I'd love to see an Air Transat 752 as well if you're taking requests Mike ;-)

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

Hmmm...Is that why I got so bad performance with the 757 ?I'll try those changes and see what goes! Thanks for posting this Gene.Fly safe.George DorkofikisAthens, Hellas

could you possibly send the modified files to mefelixleach@btinternet.commany thanks

George-I found that, despite everything I tried, the aircraft would not exceed m.80 at cruise [usually 330 or 310]. Further, found it had difficulty climbing well at all above fl270.On the otherhand, it's not an F-16. Mike derated the engines for climb rates above fl240 but perhaps a tad too much. The engines are definately underpowered given the a/c is equipped with RR engines. A few little tweaks and she behaves considerably better.see > http://www.boeing.com/assocproducts/aircompat/757.htmg>Hmmm... >Is that why I got so bad performance with the 757 ? >I'll try those changes and see what goes! Thanks for >posting this Gene. >>Fly safe. >George Dorkofikis >Athens, Hellas

Here's what I found after making the tweaks previously mentioned,-loaded 24,000lbs of fuel, same amount I loaded when the a/c had somewhat less performance characteristics -departed 4L at Logan, 3500vs 4dme r 090, then 4nm r 180, then 4nm r 280. The a/c passed 10,000ft over Logan at 75% of N1 at 250kts. good. it acts just like a 757 -passing 10,000 increased speed to 280kts, remaining at 3500vs, now at 85% of N1, no hesitation [normally passing 10k PIC would reduce vs to 1800, but I wanted to push it and see how it did] -passing FL200 still climbing at 3500vs, N1 now at 93%, GS now 372kts -passing FL250 decreased vs to 2500, GS now 386kts GS at 280kts ias -passing FL300 increased speed to 307kts ias still at 2500vs. Upon increasing ias GS went from 382 to 470kts GS, now at 80.3% N1 -reached FL310 36nm west of Boston. -reaching cruise FL310, increased ias to 320kts, M .83, achieved that quickly and held at 87% N1 at M .83, GS 490kts.A friend of mine also found that Mike derated the engines when the aircraft is fully loaded with fuel, as follows,10000, 3500 fpm 250kts17000, 2000 fpm 290kts20000, 1600 fpm 290kts25000, 1000 fpm 280kts27000, 700fpm 280ktsAnyone with experience in these matters, I'd appreciate your view of these performance characteristicsgene

i was able to find the thrust scalar in aircraft config and adjusted that but couldn't find any reference to thrust rating in the aircraft config anywhere?please help.

not in the aircraft.cfg file, you need to open the .air file

Dal211,Sir, could you please email me your air file? I made the change in the cfg file but I am unable to do it in the air file because I don't know how to open it. efisher2@cfl.rr.com Very many thanks.

Eric 

well i've opened the air file using notepad and most is unreadable,but what is i can't find any mention of thrust rating or36,500 using search function.

you'll need an air file editor to do this. several are around and are freewre. best be careful when editing the air file too!

Where can I get this aircraft made by this guy? Im sure they are in the library, but does he have a website? Been looking for a Good 757 model.