Sign in to follow this  

Annoying window indicators

Does anybody know how to get rid of these annoying window/action indicators like "Cockpit", "Stall", "Brake", "Parking Brake", Etc.TIAOnno Bulk

Guest Rob

Hey Onno,No, I'm afraid this is one of the things we are stuck with in FS2002. It can be a real hash when it comes to making screenshots and splash screens. At least these things can be airbrushed out :D.

Guest Joshieca

Hammer 3500 (2.8Ghz)2048Mb PC3700 DDR-II RAMGeForce 4 Ti4600Detonators v30.8252" Sony Plasma Monitor3DMark2001SE - 24,346--- what is this your "wish upon a star" system? :-abduct

Guest Rob

Nope, my $1x,000 Hardware BETA testing system. :D.

Guest Joshieca

>Nope, >>my $1x,000 Hardware BETA testing system. :D. Cool, lets see your link to 3DMark for your score! I have never see a score that high!

Guest Rob

I've only got the demo - not the full payed for version. Besides, it's a BETA system so I can't compare the scores over at MadOnion.Com.

Guest Joshieca

>I've only got the demo - not the full payed for version. >Besides, it's a BETA system so I can't compare the scores >over at MadOnion.Com. What are you talking about? Payed ver? 3DMak allows you to publish your stuff without pay?

Hey Onno, if you go into your fs2002.cfg file and search for HideInfoText=0 change the 0 to 1 and it all goes away. This means that you cant ever see it, but you really get used to it, and you get a tad more realism since in real life you dont get indicators in the corners telling you about potentially dangerous situations or your braking situations.Scott

But that doesn't stop you from posting the score. So you're just kidding - right? Just pulling our legs a little - right? Just spoofing us a little - right? (I'm trying real hard to give you the benefit of the doubt here).TripNorthwood 2.2a at 2.72Ghz Abit TH7II-R512MB Samsung 40ns PC800Gainward GF4 Ti4200 300/57030.30's DX8.1 WinXP ProInwin case / Enermax 431W PSU3DMark2001SE = 12055http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4088814

Guest Joshieca

> But that doesn't stop you from posting the score. So >you're just kidding - right? Just pulling our legs a little >- right? Just spoofing us a little - right? (I'm trying real >hard to give you the benefit of the doubt here). >>Trip Trip, I am sure he is just pulling our legs, either that or he's full of something! :) It would be a nice dream system to have, although the screen size is overkill....but if he were a "real beta" tester he would know all about the benchmarking software out there and what they can an can't do. Besides, he would have more then likely gotten the pro version from 3DMark for free. Plus just by posting this information in his sig. about his system he would be in violation of his non disclosure agreement he signed and AMD would be all over him about that.

>Hey Onno, if you go into your fs2002.cfg file and search for >HideInfoText=0 change the 0 to 1 and it all goes away. This >means that you cant ever see it, but you really get used to >it, and you get a tad more realism since in real life you >dont get indicators in the corners telling you about >potentially dangerous situations or your braking situations. >>Scott I looked in the fs2002.cfg file but there is no "HideInfoText=0". The only "Hide------" entries are "HideMenuNormal=0" and "HideMenuFullscreen=1" Should I add "HideInfoText=X" to "Main" in the cfg file?Onno

Guest Kurt

>Should I add "HideInfoText=X" to "Main" in the cfg file?YesFrom the FS2002 Readme. -To turn off the zoom number display in the Virtual Cockpit, enter a line in the &l;Main&r; section of the FS2002.CFG file that reads 'HideInfoText=1'. Be aware, though that this will turn off other information display text also, including pause, slew, and framerate information.-Kurt M