Sign in to follow this  
Guest wkzzo

DME arc approach KYKM

Guest wkzzo

3 miles visibility, 7600' of runway, no problem, with the best panel in the buisness (ILS 27 at KYKM Washington) from KSEA.

Just a quick question. Where did you download that Approach from? Or did you program it yourself.Mike

Guest wkzzo

I like to program them myself , thats half the fun. Just good old high altitude enroute charts and approach charts.

Guest jase439

Programmed like a pro. Very nice!

Guest KenG

Hey Wallace. Man, do I need a FMC in the plane I'm training in. We went out the other day and did DME arc approaches and that was not easy, especially with no RMI in this plane.I programmed one of those in about a year ago. I think I'll go do it again. Thanks for the reminder.

Guest wkzzo

Yes, I guess the next best thing would be a moving map gps, for GA . I have been looking at the portable garmin gps 295 its very nice, a friend of mine bought one recently and its got quite alot of features seen on their more expensive in dash units. I love doing interesting approaches with the fmc, another good one is the vor approach into aspen pitkin, flying from the DBL vor and making waypoints at the specified distance markers from the vor

HiThe 295 is great really pricey but worth it and wkzzo nice job on that DME arc.Ron