Sign in to follow this  

Manual for the FMC

UPS706-Doesn't really matter how old you are, as I'm over 40 and being confronted by having to read a few hundred pages in order to really learn how to master an extraordinary piece of software isn't something I look forward to in FS or anywhere else.That said, and after having played with PIC767 for several months, let me tell you that spending time with the manuals and flying the beast will eventually get you to the point where you'll marvel why you hadn't purchased this software earlier.Even though Ive had this thing for months, just last week I learned how to program an arc into the fmc for a flight into SVMI. It was a hoot...but I had to look it up. Now that I had to and learned it, it's a breeze.Give it some time. Learn the basics and work up. In no time, I'll bet you'll fly with little other than the PIC767 package and really enjoy it for all it can do - even though it will take a while to really appreciate all it can do!gd

Hello everyone!!! Yes, it's me again, Tony.....Boy, I stirred up quite a tizzy didn't I...I must conceed that Haroon put me in my place.....I admit my post was a little harsh. Perhaps a little more thought should have been put into it. It was more of a knee-jerk reaction than anything. Thanks Haroon....Tony P.

>Hello everyone!!! > Yes, it's me again, Tony.....Boy, I stirred up quite a >tizzy didn't I...I must conceed that Haroon put me in my >place.....I admit my post was a little harsh. Perhaps a >little more thought should have been put into it. It was >more of a knee-jerk reaction than anything. Thanks >Haroon.... >>Tony P. Tony,No worries :-) I am sorry too for slaughtering your message.Best,Haroon

Ok, after reading the last two replies, I have decided to step up to the plate again. Basically I still stand by my thoughts that started this thread. After reading farther into the FMC manual I feel they bounce around quite a bit. However, I strongly feel that I can now program a basic flight using SID'S & STAR'S. My heart felt thanks to 'all' that have posted replies. And Tony, your last post tells me that you are a bigger man that most.-=BJ=-