Sign in to follow this  
mackintosh

Aibus A340 panel

Having recently downloaded the simubuild A340, and eagerly anticipating POsky's A340, i have of late been searching high and low for a decent Airbus A340 panel. Being a fan of the real life counterpart, i'm a tad fussy and like everything to be just right, both visably and practably.Impressed with Eric Marcaino's A320/30 panel, I found a nice little surprise with Miguel Angel's freeware panel, i wanted something that utilised the dame Freeware panels.I can find nothing! I just dowloaded and trialed Johan Peeter's A340 spin on the same panel and even with a 17' monitor and high resolution, the gauages with fuzzy and un-readable.It is time's like this that i really regret buying Standard version, as with pro i could have put the engine insstruments for one into the other?Can anyone help? what is the best A340 panel out ther? Are there any in the works?Thanks in advance for your help.Rhys

i am using eric marcianos panel with the payware gauges right now, however i would not recomment this either.i think there is no good solution to the a340 cockpit situation right now that ia acceptable.i still hope that someone might be able to come up with a way to use the efis texture etc of the pss a320 panel for another airbus cockpit that goes 4 engined with the features of the PSS panel.but thats prolly me who cant stand panels without working FMS systems in heavy iron jets anymore since its too much fake for my taste with the default funtions...time will tell!

''It is time's like this that i really regret buying Standard version, as with pro i could have put the engine insstruments for one into the other?''You don't need the pro version to swap out panel instruments. Just double click on the panel cfg and change whatever you want to. Same with the aircraft cfg. They're just text documents.

Guest KD Larsen

Well, Vannesa Leightowers A340 panel (with the update) for FS2000 works fine in FS2002 as long as you don't touch the engine panel (it won't work). And that is a problem since the lights switches are also on that panel. BUT, using a paint program, you can remove the engine area and then edit the panel.cfg using notepad. The engine gauges should be ease to spot.

I use the PSS' 747 panel. While there are some occasional glitches (like flap and trim settings), it works quite well, even autolands perfectly :)