Sign in to follow this  

FSMETEO weather transitions

Hi,In FSMETEO there is an option to set the speed of weather transitions. I use the default setting (i believe the value is 900) but find that transitions are too quick. Which value should result in smoother transitions ?Thanx,Cas

Guest gasebah

There is a max value in the user instructions. Use this one. There is another setting in FSUIPC. Also max this out. I have both value maxed and it works very fine for me. Especially with the wind directions.Alex

Could you be a little more exact on what values you have set in both programs and under which options. I want a smooth transition instead of the quick jerk you normally get when the winds update.

PMFJI Dan,Because I use the PSS Airbus which is most sensitive to wind changes I use the following settings in FSUIPC under the 'winds' tab.'Transitions smoothed by layer' -> 'this many seconds...' 2Under the 'technical' tab'Additional facilities' -> 'smooth pressure changes 1mb' 5 seconds.I believe may FSMeteo settings are left as default.Under 'Preferences' I have:-'Max gusts' & Max wind speed' set to 400Kts'Cloud transition rate' 300'QNH Transition rate' 10'Temperature transition rate' 6Looking at the User doc cloud set to 300 = 4 minutes to go from overcast to clear, max value is 900 which would = 12 minutes.The QNH rate at 10 means the pressure will change 0.1mb per second, at max value (100) the rate will be 0.1mb per 10 seconds.And the temperature rate of 6 is a change of 1C every 6 seconds.Hope that helps.BTW I have sent you an e-mail re MP sessions with 2 PCs, look forward to your advice on that.Rgds

Thanks for the info. I replied to your email. I need some additional info about your setup.