Sign in to follow this  
shermank

fs2002: commerical mesh terrain scenery vs. freeware

There is announcement of new mesh terrain scenery for sale by Lagos. Is this, or any of the other payware better in detail or other factors than the freeware produced by Justin Tyme, Orlando Sotomayer, Eddy Denney or others who have been so very generous with their time and work?Sherman KaplanHighland Park IL

Hi Sherman. Better may be the wrong way to put it. I have all of the Lago Terramesh Scenery released so far and am very well pleased with. You kind of have to look at it and see what you think. I tried to attach a screenshot of the French Alps but AVSim isn't cooperating. Send me an e-mail and I send it to you.The Lago Scenery is, of course, limited to Europe at this point. I 've been please and think that it's worth the money.Best Regards, Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Here's the picture, got it to upload this time.Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

puts out very detailed mesh at 10m's. The cost runs from 5.99 to 25.00. There is a lot of the 5.99 mesh, however the area it covers is very generous. So, to answer your question, I feel the payware mesh is better than the freeware.Paul

Thanks all for your input...I guess beauty remains in the eye of the beholder. I'm still on the fence...using and enjoying freeware...Sherm

I like Eddie Denney's $30 three CD set at the Avsim store. Entire USA including Alaska, HI, Puerto Rico, Virgin Iles, etc. == WHK ==