Sign in to follow this  

Reverse Thrusters - No Workie!!

Hey Folks!Most past posts state to hold down the F2 key to get the reverse thrusters to kick in. After cutting the throttle and pressing F1 to be sure, I pressed and held the F2 key, but nothing happened.I am flying Mike's fabulous 727 and reverse thrusters would really be nice to have when things get a little hot on the runway. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Oh yes, I am using a CH Flightstick PRO as my joystick.Keith

Guest Rob

Hey Keith,Strange one that...Perhaps try recalibrating the throttle on your joystick.

hi...........it's possible to set up your throttle to have an idle and reverse thrust position using peter dowson's fsuipc module.......i've done it with my saitek stick and it works fine........alan d kerr

Guest gasebah

Yeah, but the saitek is the only reasonably priced throttle with an idle position. I would not try that with a throttle without an idle position as you will have no reasonable transition from reverse to forward thrust and vice versa.Alex

It's probably caused by noise from your throttle. The best way to fix this is with FSUIPC. This way you won't have to remove range of motion on your throttle just to use reverse for a couple of seconds each flight. Set the -/+ values for each axis like normal then on the neg. for the throttle, move it to idle and then very slightly up and set this value as neg. Try to use reverse thrust and if it doesn't work move it up more and set again until it does. You will have more idle movement at the bottom but not much.David

Thanks folks!Using the FSUIPC to configure the idle position on the CH flightstick did the trick. Now when I cut power all the way back on the joystick, the reverse thrusters on the 727 and other aircraft equipped to reverse thrust or props. What a difference it made on braking!Thanks for all your advice.Keith