Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muppet22

Greatest Airline 737-400 or Pro AirBus 320 Which is B

>Hi Julian, >>Your reply is "under" mine so, if your asking me, the BUS is >a different experience. I fully enjoy it, though it is so >different in many respects from the Boeing/DF (which I had >70+ VA hours in). The BUS is more of a computer simulating >a computer flying an aircraft - but I do enjoy it and find >the realism level satisfying (want something different - fly >the bush - it is great!!). I really believe PSS has >continued to try extra hard on this one and it shows. I am >not sure it is as intricate with "dummy" switched as DF >(pressurization, cabin calls, CVR, etc) hard to tell since >the closest I've come to flying either is about row 5. :) >>FYI - glad to hear autoland DF works for you - it works for >me in all applicable PSS AC, PIC, and the PIC 757 converts. >DF is 100% hit or miss - never now until GS capture if it is >"monitor closely" or "pull up NOW for dear life". >>Best to you. >>Joe Hi Joe!Thank you for your input. I'll take a look at the PSS Airbus or perhaps wait for the upcoming Airbuses coming from Wilco and Apollo. Now I'll admit though I am an admirer of the Boeing a/c so I might be bias but I haven't given the opportunity to try out any of the BUSes yet. My success rate in getting the G/S in the DF isn't 100% but it can be done. For those airports that I had a problem with I do check the AFCAD file for the NAVAIDs though not for the frequencies but for the altitude to see what went wrong. Julian

>Did you even read my response to you before you opened your >mouth again?!?! I definitely see the problem with the DF737 >approach mode - I know how to land an airliner in FS, I have >all the major add-ons, and the DF does not capture the GS >very well. I know - you saw the problem with autoland. And John Thomas didn

Hi Tom,I completely agree. It would appear that the DF support forum works in a somewhat unusual way, in that it seems to be intended for customers to give their support to Dreamfleet, rather than vice versa. I have become one of those who just suffers in silence, every few months I reinstall the 737 in the hope that it might now work, but no luck so far. Opening the FMC inside FS just freezes my computer, and on the few occasions when it does work, I can't capture the glideslope (actually I haven't tried that for a long time, I just don't want to jeopardize that rare occasion when I'm actually able to fly the thing, so I just do a manual approach). I have just tried to reinstall it, and after three hours of unsuccessfully trying to get the FMC to display, the plane has now gone back to its resting place on my slave drive - maybe I feel like trying it again sometime in the autumn, but in the meantime I just steer clear of DF products, and look forward to the VMax 747 Classic.As far as PSS support is concerned, anyone thinking of buying the Airbus (or any of their products for that matter), is best advised to buy it directly from the PSS website, rather than the boxed version, as support for those is given via JustFlight, whereas the online customers have the benefit of direct support from PSS. Also, with the live installer, your product will be fully patched and up-to-date.Cheers,Gosta.

>As someone who has never read the manual let alone tried the >FMC, how about you give me an airport that you experience >the nose dive and crash at? I'll happily try it out and see >what I get. >>All the best, Last time I crashed was runway 34 in LOWW (probably after a GRZ 4W arrival). I even saved a situation and tried to autoland 4 times. If I remember correctly I (or better: the autopilot) crashed 3 times and succeeded once. However even the successful landing was in such a way that I heard loud screaming from the passenger-cabin :-)This is not really such a BIG problem for me as I like to land without autopilot anyway (I almost would have said because autolandings are boring but you really can

Well since you asked - I'll reply too even if it is not directed to me. Try the CAT-III ILS 6R at PANC. Note that the glidescope intercept is at 1600' and less than 5 miles as per the real life chart. For me it is usually about a 75% chance that the aircraft will not recover from nose down without drastic intervention. Another - CAT-III 16R at KSEA about 50/50 chance of a successful approach.For the record - I plan my flights using real world charts, I plan my fuel using the excellent spreadsheet out there and I calculate and vary ZFW with the editor to "emulate" real world ops. I fly with FSMeteo and when time allows I actually practice touch and goes, manual approaches, etc. Although I am not current anymore I am a PP-SEL, and that means nothing towards piloting a 737 it should at least indicate I know my body orifices from a hole in the ground! :-lolI purchased the 737 the first week it was released, and, I also "served" on the beta team for the FS2k2 patch. My loss of respect for DF support was neither quick nor casual.Thanks and good luck.Joe

Joe Lorenc

I was a Boeing only man and bought the PSS Airbus when it came out sort of during an add-on buying spree, not actually intending on flying it much. Boy was I wrong. Since that day the majority of my flying time is spent in the PSS bus. Sure, it has its quirks and maybe it isn't as realistic as the "real thing", but it handles well, sticks to the glideslope like glue and looks great. I don't autoland with it often, mostly in bad weather, but when I do, I know I don't have to worry about a thing, always a perfect touchdown. I fell in love with the bloody thing so much that I eventually splashed out 60 quid on the all livery package :)

I think the real answer to your question is- which do you prefer, Boeing or Airbus? Both packages of software are excellent and it just comes down to aircraft preferences.

Guest JDH

Well Muppet (apt name BTW) I have been on the Dreamfleet forum a great man times as I have their 737 and seen many posts regarding people's requests for help and assistance. 9 times out of 10 they get help. The one time out of ten is when people storm in and say "It's wrong, fix it" as you appear to have been doing. No information about what you where doing (unless I missed that post), no information about you PC. When people storm into forums with an attitude problem (not only the 737 suffering that it seems) they won't get the answer they want.What gets me is that you crticise the DF forum, yet Paul Golding, a DF member has been bending over backwards TO HELP!!!!!!Problems in support forums are almost exclusively problems with the people posting. That is why POSKY have received so much stick because they have tried making their aircraft realistic and dimwits who have never flown anything more than a paper plane storm in and say "I can't fly it, it's wrong." Is it any wonder that support people get hacked off?MS is a simulator and DF is an add-on for that. They will NEVER properly replicate real-life. I have flown and landed 737s (Incidently, the DF one and never experienced the problems you have been harping on about) in FS2002, that does not mean I can go and do it in real life.So, the DF doesn't do what YOU think it should do? Go and program one for yourself that does and quit #####. Or accept the help DF HAVE BEEN OFFERING thanks to Mr Golding.

I was never a fan of the Airbus. I did finally decide to get the PSS bus and I love it. It took me a while to get used to the differences than that of the Boeing products out there. I have them all right now and they all work great. The one problem I have is with the DF 737 which kills me because I loved it in FS200. I flew it almost exclusively, it was alot of fun. I have had the problems with autoland that has been described here but landing by hand most of the time (now all the time) it is not of great concern. The FMS has caused FS to crash on me which an hour or more into a flight sends me over the edge. I fly the AC alot less now. I think though if they release a FS2002 version NG I will get it in a second. DF makes a good product, I just think this one is great FS2000 and mediocre in FS2002. The PSS 747 A320 and 777, PIC767 work just fine under FS2002 so maybe base your decision on that. I would wait for the hopeful release of the DF 737 NG.Andrew

Guest Muppet22

Tom EvansBAV 757/767 Training Captain