Sign in to follow this  

Tired of using joystick........

Hi,I am getting sort of tired of using a joystick while flying.:-lolAnd please don

Staffan

Well, CD Products is the most popular maker of flight yokes.www.chproducts.com I don't have one myself but some day.....! :-)Many people have the CH Yokes and as a whole they seem to be happy with them. There are more makers of yokes but they are very high quality and complex...and very expensive..Take careMike

StaffanValue for money, CH. Yoke AND pedals, essential. User help is awful but there are enough threads in this forum to write the book. People at CH themselves are nice enough. Plus, they have a dandy flightstick and are releasing a liner throttle this year.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest Rob

CH Yoke and Pedals all the way :D!

Guest JonP01

Staffan,I agree with the others regarding CH products. As was pointed out to you, though, you really need a yoke AND pedals, otherwise you are pretty much defeating the purpose of buying decent gear like this in the first place.

Thanks all,Alright then, will take a closer look at CH. :-lolHappy contrailing, :-waveStaffan Ahlberg - FFG

Staffan

Staffan,Using CH yoke and pedals since a year or so - never looked back :-)Welcome to try my set up if you live near by or travel this way..RegardsTommyESMH

>Hi, >>I am getting sort of tired of using a joystick while >flying.:-lol >>And please don

Let me put it this way:Unless you're either very good with your hands and tools and have a lot of parts around the house OR you have an awful lot of money to spend, CH yoke and pedals are the only realistic option available to you.All the others on sale are simply 10 times as expensive or more.

Guest flightpro08

Go with the CH Products USB Yoke and Foot Pedals. I bought them at the AVSIM Store a couple of months ago to replace my Mircrosoft Sidewinder Pro and love them. They're very easy to install and have all kinds of functions you can assign to them.Ryan-Flightpro08 :-coolVATSIM Pilot/ControllerZLA ARTCC Controller 1 (C-1)SAN TRACON Lead [link:www.taxiwaysigns.com]Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer

Staffan:I have had CH Yoke + Pedals USB for 18 months. The yoke is superb but the pedals are variably unreliable although when they work, they rock -- differential brakes always work very well on the pedals too.Last week, I got a MS FFB2 stick and that works well too. So I have both. I use the stick for military a/c and the yoke for BOEING and general a/c (I do not fly Airbus....!)CH is good value for money and works well. The yoke is great. I recommend it highly. Next step up that is not CH costs about 5 times more, I think.JS

I'm going to be the naysayer here. I had the CH yoke for about two days and then sent it back. I found it very difficult to use and very uneven in its response. I think it's essentially a pole with the yoke on it with a slinky spring providing the resistance for both axis. If you are serious about this hobby, go to Precision Flight Controls. They usually have a unit on sale at about $399. Comes with a lifetime warranty, is very precise and unbelievably solid. I couldn't land anything in this sim until I purchased this. Give it a shot. How much did you spend on your last video card - frankly the controls you use impact your enjoyment far more. Unless of course you only take off, hit the LNAV, the VNAV and sit back and watch tv...

>and are releasing a liner throttle this year. >What is exactly the "liner throttle" ? Nothing of this kind is mentioned on their web site. Until CH releases a full right-handed "normal" throttle I stay away from their products.Michael J.