Sign in to follow this  

Force Feedback 2

1. Does anybody know how to adjust the forces of FF2? I find the forces on FF2 a bit whimpy. (I use WinME)2. How can you change the shimmying force feedback to the nose gear? Microsoft has programmed it on the main gear and that is not where it belongs. (If you haven't noticed it, try to lift the nose gear of the runway on take-off roll but keep the mains on the ground. Oddly the shimmying persists!?!?!)TIAOnno Bulk

Guest gtbiker

MSFF2 does not simulate in-flight forces in FS 2002 or 2004. There is no back pressure or resistance to control movements, which is unrealistic.A work around some have tried is to calibrate the joystick within FS. The FF is activated somehow by this routine and apparently you have to do this everytime you launch FS. Personally, it's worked only twice for me and I can't seem to get it to respond anymore.Others on this site have copy/pasted air files for planes they know have some force feedback in the air and one person has recommended using Lagos Air File editor. I haven't tried these myself.As far as the nosewheel shimmy, you might want to look at the aircraft cfg files as they have force feedback settings for ground forces. Look at the end of the file under force feedback and experiment with adjusting the settings. Make a back-up copy of the original file in case you really mess it up.Hope this helps a little.Regards

Guest allcott

FF works fine for me, right out of the box, no mods, default Windows XP SP1 setup (no Sidwinder software). Using MSFF2 the only problem (and it's not really a problem) is that you can move the controls too fast for the FF to keep up. If you move the controller at a realistic rate and don't try throwing the DC-3 around the sky like a fighter, it's fine. I even have increasing forces with speed on some of the default aircraft - the Tri-Motor is particularly good at this.Perhaps if FF is not working for you you've done something wrong?Allcott

Guest bjjones

According to Microsoft the Return to centre forces are supposed to be disabled, this is from Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 303032SideWinder Force Feedback: Return To Center Force Does Not Function in Certain GamesThe information in this article applies to:Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator: WWII Europe Series 1.0Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2: WWII Pacific Theater 1.0Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 Professional EditionMicrosoft Flight Simulator 98Microsoft Motocross Madness 1.0Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback Pro 1.0Microsoft Urban Assault 1.0Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 Professional EditionMicrosoft Flight Simulator 2004

Guest gtbiker

Maybe Allcott has something here. Allcott - are you saying that Win XP comes with generic drivers for FF? How did you set that up when XP autodetected your joystick and asked for the driver CD that comes with the joystick?Also, does the generic driver have any negative affects that you know of on other games?If this really is a work-around, you just proved that there is more than one way to skin a cat.Thanksgtbiker