Sign in to follow this  
Toys_R_Us

This is great with dual monitors!!!

Guest gasebah

I just found out about a great improvement to my setup!I have dual monitors. On one of them I have FS2002. On the other one I have flightmax and the RealityXP radiostack. I always found it annoying that I have so much unused desktop space to the left right of the radio stack on my 2nd monitor as I used it horizontal. I changed the display orientation to vertical and turn the monitor 90 degrees. This is absolutely great as I can now have the whole XP radio stack and fsflightmax almost in original size and have almost no unused space left.It is so simple try it.Alex

That sounds like a great setup. Do you take a performance hit with two monitors?

Guest gasebah

Almost none if you reduce it to static windows like a radio stack or an overhead panel.Cheers,Alex

Guest gasebah

Hmm. first I guess you need a Nvidia card with one of the newer drivers. I hope you have that.Right click ur desktop. Go to properties. I suppose you have two monitors already working. Go to settings and left click ur 2nd monitor. Advanced settings. Choose ur graphics adaptor e.g. GF4600Ti.Advanced settings.There you should have something called display orientation. The rest is self explanatory.Alex

HesselWith nVidia Twinview:After right clicking on the desktop and choosing "Properties, Settings" you will see 2 Monitor icons....Click on the Monitor 2 icon and then be sure the box for ""Extend My Desktop Onto This Monitor." is UNCHECKED, and apply if necessary. ( I know, doesn't sound logical, and is just the opposite of what you do if you put in a second PCI video card.)Now the elusive "Nview" tab can be accessed.Go to Monitor 1 and "right" click that icon. Choose "Properties, Nview (Tab)".The Nview "tab" then becomes the primary and controlling set-up box for how the monitors function in dual display mode.You may set the monitors to vertical from here.This setting has it's pitfalls, however. Progams that have a non-movable center window (such as installers), will load that window right on the two monitor "crack".Bob (Lecanto, Fl)AMD, Athlon XP, 1800+MSI, K7T266 XP ProPC 2100 DDR, 1024 MBXP, Home Edition Elsa GLadiac 920, GF3/64Mb andPNY, Verto nVidia TNT 2-M64/32WD, 100 MB, 7200, Ultra 100Sound Blaster, Audigy MP3+CH Prod, VPP Yoke - Sound CardCH Prod, Pedals - Sound Card