Sign in to follow this  

UK Seasonal Textures Bug?

For the second time in a month flying in the UK during summer (July & August) I have encountered regions covered in snow. The first time was flying along the coast of Lincolnshire and Humberside two weeks ago. I double checked my sim world time and date to make sure I had not messed up. Then this morning I was flying over Wales and there were the snow textures again. Has anyone else encountered this? Is it a FS2k2 bug?Here a some pics showing what I'm talking about:Jeff Williams (KDCA)

Dont know about snow Jeff,.....floods would be more realistic at the momentGeorge...soaked

Guest Rob

I believe your problem lies in Flight Simulator not being able to denote the warmth brought to the UK via the gulfstream. In the UK, we get significantly warmer weather than other places on a similar latitude. I believe that this is the problem.Not too sure, but I can't of it being anything else.

I don't think it has to do with the flight sim not modeling the Gulfstream effect. I've visited England and Wales several times in the summer and have been rained on frequently, but I've never seen anything like that extensive snow covered terrain. The pictures were taken near Swansea. I can believe that it does snow during the summer particularly in Snowdonia but not enough to blanket that many square miles. I have never encountered this in any sim location other than costal areas of the UK. Not in Germany, the Netherlands, or Scandinavia. Remember we are talking about the months of July and August. As far as I know I am the only person to report this so it may be something in my configuration but I have no idea what it would be. I'm using default scenery here. I'd be curious to know if anyone else has experienced this. Jeff Williams (KDCA)

Guest UweR

Hi, you are not the only one :-) I have encountered summer snow in Northern Germany where there shouldn

Thanks for confirming that Ewe. I will report it on the Microsoft FS website so they put in into the bug list for FS2K4.Jeff Williams (KDCA)